Bernie Sanders | Page 10 | Squat the Planet

Bernie Sanders

Xxcooltoesxx

Reaction score
How about President George Bush he was not intelligent. I lived through multiple crises among the presidents I remember 9/11 ,and I remember the recession, and now it’s covid - 19 .President Donald Trump was the best so far out of those three , Unemployenot was at its lowest,Prison reform,and the stock market was doing good,until this happened . We had some shoddy Presidents over the years, in my opinion ,.,,,With regards to a well regulated militia that could be a Police Force,Secret Police Force ,an Organization,The mafia,Freedom Fighters . Coy wolf put a thread or whatever you call it about Bernie Sanders an I added my two cents to say it,I don’t like how he was against millionaires and billionaires claiming free college for all,,who the fuck is going to be pay all that money,the professors have to get paid ,,,,,books,,,,,,college dorms,,,,and other stuff.But then Bernie Sanders just recently makes millionaire dollars a year.So now it’s screw the billionaires,cut there heads off,an what not , most people worked hard for there money ,whether or not the Rothschild or some families that been making money since before world war 1 , like Henry Ford ,Ray Kroc ,The Ben @ Jerry brothers, and quite a few ,not every millionaire and billionaire is bad or evil . There just like you and I ,there humans to.President Donald Trump eats a bag a chips like we do .I know and think he gets to much shit thrown on him, for a bill to get passed it has to legislative branch,and judicial branch,and to the executive branch.He’s really been chilling.
I meant to say we the people are the militia

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
And i as predicted, Bernie Sanders has endorsed Joe Biden for president:

The two men appeared via live stream on split screens — each on each other’s live streams — talking to each other. “We need you in the White House,” Mr. Sanders said to Mr. Biden. “And I will do all that I can to make that happen.”

Mr. Biden said: “I’m going to need you. Not just to win the campaign, but to govern.”

• Sad
Reactions: Coywolf
Reaction score
this thread is tl;dr and old news but i hated bernie since 2016 and i'm glad he lost this time around, too. i'm also glad he realized he lost early and endorsed biden, but in reality i think that decision was based on biden being a white guy whereas hillary was a woman.

while i certainly hate bernie the person, i'm very sympathetic to some of his causes and i hope a younger, more competent and less toxic person takes the reigns and makes things actually happen in the future (ayanna pressly? maybe AOC?).

• Stupid
Reactions: Coywolf and Barf

Xxcooltoesxx

Reaction score
remember When President Donald Trump ws in a disagremt with China He wassaying there stealing our jobs and everything with the owe make our cellphones ,jordans,that they make in the sweatshops and what not .Move our jobs back here,I don’t really what he was thinking with it’s our countries jobs and such.Then the ga zillio,millio, billionaires started hating on em

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
this thread is tl;dr and old news but i hated bernie since 2016 and i'm glad he lost this time around, too. i'm also glad he realized he lost early and endorsed biden, but in reality i think that decision was based on biden being a white guy whereas hillary was a woman.

while i certainly hate bernie the person, i'm very sympathetic to some of his causes and i hope a younger, more competent and less toxic person takes the reigns and makes things actually happen in the future (ayanna pressly? maybe AOC?).

You are really going to have to explain yourself on that one.

Reaction score
You are really going to have to explain yourself on that one.

i'm really turned off by ideologues with no clear idea of how they'll accomplish their goals. i'm also not impressed by people with almost no experience, along with a proven inability to do any meaningful coalition building, claiming they can fix everything. bernie was both of those things.

i also think bernie might be racist/sexist without knowing it. he (and his acolytes) have a huge disconnect with the democratic base, particularly black people. he didn't campaign in the south, called john lewis part of the establishment, called black voters "low information voters" &etc. he was considered one of the worst people to work with in congress. he's from one of the whitest states in the country. while biden was running a campaign on bringing people together, bernie was blathering on about billionaires (amended from his 2016 hatred of "millionaires and billionaires," because since then he'd become the former) and acting like joe rogan's endorsement was a game changer.

i also think bernie might just be a grifter. after 2016 he became a millionaire by writing a book. he has multiple houses. his wife bankrupted a college. now that he's out, he's withholding donor information and email addresses from other progressive pacs/orgs, instead keeping it in his own hands. i find him fundamentally untrustworthy.

when it came down to him and hillary in 2016, the amount sexist/misogynistic rhetoric was at an all time high among his toxic fanbase. the same thing happened with any female challenger this go-around, too. in general, his supporters killed whatever hope his campaign had. they're by far the most toxic behind MAGAts. sometimes i'd put them on a similar level, especially the bernie or busters. they have enough privilege not to be significantly impacted by four more years of trump, so fuck the LGBT community! fuck POC! they're taking all their toys and going home and acting like it's some noble, principled stand. it's everything wrong with leftist politics imo but that's a discussion for another time.

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
There are some good points there, with a bunch of not true/slanted points.

To be clear (again): i was a big Bernie supporter in 2016, and happily voted for Hillary. i was a big Sen. Dr. Prof. Warren supported this year, Bernie being my second choice. I am now a very enthusiastic "No Malarkey" Joe supporter, and cannot wait for the day he is sworn in.

BUT: Bernie's multiple homes: He owns a pretty small house in Burlington that has been rented out for several years, a condo in DC (where he works being a Senator), and a small house on Hero Island north of Burlington. Pretty much every single Senator and Congressperson has at least two "homes" since they need to maintain a residence in the district they're elected from to keep their office, but actually work in DC.

As to him being a "millionaire": He has a job that pays $174,000 a year, that he''s had for a long time, and has written several best-selling books. If he didn't have a million dollars, that would make him a bigger fuck-up than any of us here. Bernie is not a fuck-up.

His wife Jane, when she was a Burlington city official, was responsible for the first and only city-tax-money-supported all-ages punk venue in the US in 1986. It lasted til 2016; i went to the next-to-last show there and it was pretty fucking cool, and like no place else i ever saw a show.

Anyone who is over 18, and doesn't register to vote, and then vote for Biden, will have blood on their hands if King Trump gets re-elected.

Anyone who says "If voting could change anything, they would make it illegal!" a) doesn't know much about the history of black folks trying to vote in this country, and b) just needs to sit out out this election because Biden doesn't give them a warm tingly feel of purity and PCness inside- then there won't be any more elections.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you for that @Older Than Dirt I appreciate the response, saved me ALOT of typing lol.

I dont like Joe Biden, honestly, but there is no fucking way I'm not voting in this election, literally everything I give a shit about in this country is on the line. If you dont vote, or vote third party this election, please dont come in bitching about how shitty life is when trump wins a second term.

I know the president doesnt matter. It isint him you have to worry about. Trump is a moron. You have to worry about his cabinet selections.

2 in particular have me worried on the most important issue dear to me (Public land), Sonny Perdue (USDA) and David Bernhardt (DOI). Two of the most corrupt, anti public land motherfuckers the world has ever known.

The day I see the abolishment of land that I can use (pretty much) freely to sustain my lifestyle, is the day I say 'Fuck all'to this country. I'll happily vote for Biden to achieve that goal.

I think the DNC is fucked this go around though. The chances of another trump term are getting greater and greater the more I hear Bidens ope. His mouth on the campaign trail.

@ridecracksmokestacks alot of what you posted kinda shows you are not really up to date on this topic, and are just reiterating a whole bunch of right wing anti-Sanders logic.

Like @Older Than Dirt said though, some true, some not.

Reaction score
I will both agree and disagree with both of you. I'll only say I've never liked Bernie, but also say I hope someone better with similar values takes the reins.

I think you're both 100% correct though: not voting/voting 3rd party is irresponsible. And while I think it's critically important to vote out Trump, voting carries a lot more meaning at the local level. State governors, senators, congresspeople, cabinet members, and especially now -- sheriffs or those who have some influence over sheriffs -- are all important elections to vote in.

I'm 100% all-in on Biden. But I'm also 100% all-in on recognizing this a problematic system and that voting is a pretty low-effort tool we have at our disposal. There might not be a "ballot we can cast to set us free" but we can still vote on things that make material differences in people's lives.

Reactions: Older Than Dirt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads