Being a female kinda blows

fateoficarus

Reaction score
"an iud is only good for women who have had children they wont give it to you otherwise." That's just not true. My partner who's never been pregnant has one

Shakou

Reaction score
Planned Parenthood. Birth control pills, depending on where you go, are free, and condoms there are always free. They have a candy dish full of them for people to take as many as they want, no questions asked.

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to score free birth control?
I'm heading out on the road in a few months and I really don't want any demon children.....
most planned parenthood places will give it out for free all depending on what state you are in, but even if u go in and tell them whats up they should be able to give it to u half price (its only 15$ for a month to begin with)

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I heard if you accept the lord Jesus Christ into your heart you become invisible. You may want to give that a try...also my gf has an IUD or something along those line which is a thin almost non existent wire they staple to your box...but its only a birth control, if your getting nailed by random crusties while your passed out drunk you may want to arm up a little.

JoelRailDude

Reaction score
I'm no Female, or Expert, but a IUD is a "internal Uterous device" is a T shaped spring loaded thing, each end of the T have a rubbery tip that goes into the ovary tubes. it goes inside the uterus. Its suposed to lower the menstrual flow and pain with it. In time you may loose your period, but not fertility. It stops the "eggs" from going into uterus, and semen from getting to them. Even if ti does, when the fetus grows, it competes with the IUD and it will die, then you have a miscarriage, or you get sick you go to hospital etc, but you wont die. It happens like 1/1000 or so. IUD way to go, they last decades. But you need a OB/GYN to get them in and out.

Mei

Reaction score
I'm no Female, or Expert, but a IUD is a "internal Uterous device" is a T shaped spring loaded thing, each end of the T have a rubbery tip that goes into the ovary tubes. it goes inside the uterus. Its suposed to lower the menstrual flow and pain with it. In time you may loose your period, but not fertility. It stops the "eggs" from going into uterus, and semen from getting to them. Even if ti does, when the fetus grows, it competes with the IUD and it will die, then you have a miscarriage, or you get sick you go to hospital etc, but you wont die. It happens like 1/1000 or so. IUD way to go, they last decades. But you need a OB/GYN to get them in and out.

there's also a kind of IUD that releases hormones in addition to physically blocking conception. you can get either for free at planned parenthood in many states and it's probably one of the easier things to have on the road since it's effective for 5+ years depending on what you get and you don't have to take a pill every day or insert something every few weeks that can also fall out of you and clog toilets (why would you even want something rubbery inside of your vagina for 3 weeks straight, huh NuvaRing? gross).

lungfish

Reaction score
Website
www.spider-sprout.tumblr.com
I would get the shot instead though, over the pill.
depo-provera kind of scares me because it's a relatively new form of birth control so people aren't sure of the side effects years from now. don't mess with that shit d00d.
IUDs are the fucking way to go. Just a little tiny t-shaped thing made of either copper or plastic that is put inside you and is super effective for upwards of 10 years. it's magic. also, depending on which of the two you get, they can be hormone-free, so it puts yr mind at rest. do some research. planned parenthood will hook you up for free/cheap as well if you qualify. the only lame thing is it hurts like a bitch to size you/get it in, but worth it in my eyes. i'd totally be on it but hilariously enough i'm too small and they don't make IUDs my size. tiny people problems.
I use a combination of condoms and a diaphragm, which is another neato little non-hormonal gadget that's shaped like a little rubber dome. basically you put it in up to 3 hours before with a little spermicide and it cups over your cervix and blocks sperm. it's real nice, and super easy to travel with as long as you KEEP THAT SHIT CLEEEEEEAN.

good luck!
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/diaphragm-4244.htm

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/iud-4245.htm

E

Earth

interesting comments regarding the shot making the user insane, as it explains a whole lot about a period of time i went through not that long ago with a woman i really cared about. thanks (seriously), cleared some things up i was wondering about....

E

Earth

i did date a girl back in the late 90s who used this device she got from Canada that looked like a drain stopper. im not making this up, and she could insert it and keep it in place for a couple of days, and it seemed to work well, no discomfort.... and obviously no kids, thank god.

Mei

Reaction score
i did date a girl back in the late 90s who used this device she got from Canada that looked like a drain stopper. im not making this up, and she could insert it and keep it in place for a couple of days, and it seemed to work well, no discomfort.... and obviously no kids, thank god.
sounds like a diaphragm.

lungfish

Reaction score
Website
www.spider-sprout.tumblr.com

well shit. yer not supposed to keep it in more than like 5 hours after fuckin'. that's no good.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads