News & Blogs - Beautiful statement in Nawlinz. | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Beautiful statement in Nawlinz.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/fea...tree-in-charity-hospital-window/78010104/?c=n

635869763222775537-Untitled-design-10-.jpg

NEW ORLEANS -- Social media lit up after photos surfaced of what looks like a light coming from abandoned Charity Hospital.

WWL-TV viewer Mike Arbon shared pictures of what he said looked like a small bright Christmas tree put in the window.

However, the image turned out to be a makeshift 'tree,' at best.

A spokesperson from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center said university police investigated the sighting and found some 2x4's wrapped in lights. That helped solve the mystery of what some thought was a 'Christmas tree,' but what remains unsolved is who put it there.

"We are treating this as a break-in," said Leslie Capo.

The pictures that took social media by storm were taken Monday night during Arbon's shift at Tulane Medical Center. Arbon said he saw someone else post similar photos to Facebook and wanted to see for himself.

"It's really pretty and little creepy," Arbon said. "It gave me chills when I saw it and, of course, made me think of my brother, who passed away at Charity Hospital."

The hospital closed after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and was never reopened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
K

Kim Chee

I was surprised the guy put it on blast like that. It's obviously a homeless dude, he's obviously not allowed to be there, and he's obviously back on the street now that some dude with a camera phone blew up his spot. I was kind of bummed when I heard about it.

I wouldn't have guessed a homeless person did it at all, i never would have come up with that.

I was guessing more like an urbex type with nothing better to do with a huge unlit canvas.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I wouldn't have guessed a homeless person did it at all, i never would have come up with that.

I was guessing more like an urbex type with nothing better to do with a huge unlit canvas.

i agree with this ^^^

i doubt it was a homeless guy.

Reactions: Mankini
K

Kim Chee

This would have been quite noticeable.

interesting... abandoned for 10 years..

what a fucking resource...

Exactly, that is why I propose a tax upon abandoned structures which aren't offered up for use by social programs (you and I).

Fill 'em up or pay should be the American way.

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini
D

Deleted member 125

yea when i saw this i thought either a squatter or some kind of art project, either way i thought it was a bummer the guy blew it up so bad because damn man, people coulda been squatting that place for a long time and just wanted to i dunno have some "christmas spirit" and put a light up. this is why we cant have nice things...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads