Bad Experiences with Rides while Hitching?

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
lol one of these stories is a bullfaced lie.

hahaha and what one would that be??? just asking dont have to say here but im currious to witch one :)

cricket

Reaction score
i love hitchin and i wont stop. i have had guns pulled on me knives by lots. once an old woman very kindly told me she would stab me with a huge hunting knife she had. i just told her she didnt have to do that i wasnt there to harm just get a ride. i have had countless drugies pick me up i have been in a couple car wrecks because i dont turn down rides even if yer drunk. once i had to drive for this very drunk man (i have no license to speak of) ive had people ask if they can suck my dick people ask if i wanna suck there dick. all sorts of good and bad times its all the beauty of it enjoy the bad and cherish the good.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My hitchin story is a long one and I'll spare you the great majority as I tend to ramble. The bad portion of it was roughly the 7th ride I received when travelling from Chico to Fresno by way of first stopping in Santa Rosa. The first several were all women with the exception of the first which was a couple husband and wife. The women all got me as far as Calistoga where I would be picked up by the first male driver alone. He was in a mid 80's red Pontiac sunbird pos ride. He pulled up just past me on the shoulder and his car was very dusty. On the back window writtin with fingers read the strange made up word "DEMOCWAT" Which I didn't know what to think about that but it's a ride. I hopped in and we started towards Santa Rosa. He asked all the various "where are you coming from, where are you headed, you do this often, so what do you do for sex?" damn near in that order and didn't take long for him to get to the question he really was interested in knowing the answer to. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I reached my right hand into my pocket and gripped my knife while keeping my hand still inside I answered "I don't know man, I guess I'm not really bothered by it, if I meet a girl here or there then game on but I'm not fussed if I don't meet anyone either" He then replied "well seeing you're a traveller and all I just don't imagine you get many oportunites and I know most guys theses days have to go both ways to get sex" Which instantly forced the thought in my mind "Most? Like over 50% he's telling me? Fuckin hell wow! I wonder where this guy get's his statistics from" I simply replied "yeah well not me" as I saw we were approaching a country road coming up that made a right turn called Porter Creek Road. I said that's my stop, that road right up there. He said "but that's not the way to Santa Rosa" My grip tightend on my knife and I said "well that's my stop, you can let me out there" as firmly as I could. He puled over and let me out. I walked to Santa Rosa from there.

K

Kim Chee

...well, I was somewhere in Montana and had my thumb out for quite sometime so I was a bit desperate for a ride (bad beginning already). Its getting dark and my ride pulls up. He wants me to lift my sweater around the waist (weapons, anybody?) I figured kinda weird and needed the ride so bad instead of telling him exactly how to fuck off I complied. Satisfied I was unarmed, we set off. There was a continuous sheet of black ice on the road as we drove at a steady 70mph. I remember before getting in that the car looked like it had fresh body damage. Well, he was actually doing a fairly good job of staying on the road until eventually we ended up smacking the center divider and doing at least a 180. Nobody says anything and I still need a ride (and I also have a pair of balls that are even sometimes too big for my health). So he gets the car back on the road and does the same fucking 70mph as before. Fucking idiot! Anyway, we're doing this white knuckle driving bullshit until guess what? We end up smacking the center divider again and spin off the road onto the shoulder. We're there for a minute as he seems to be gathering his thoughts. We're quite some distance from Helena and he's like, "I'm not going any further, you gotta get out." I'm pretty cool about it even though we're several miles outside of town. I'm lucky to escape injury and he's lucky the wind wasn't blowing. I walked several miles and sometime later that morning a state trooper gives me a front seat ride to the nearest piece of civilization.

I had an incident in another state, I don't remember which. I was once again desperate for a ride (hear a common theme?) and this truck pulls up. Relieved, I open the door and a fairly large man says, "I just want to suck a little dick." My reply was, "sorry, you have the wrong guy, I just need a ride." I detected some disappointment in his voice when he said, "get on in." I ended up getting the ride and no sex took place. Whew.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldnt say it was bad, but the sketchiest ride I can think of off the top of my head was in southern France. I was coming out of Spain, and was at the first station past the border. I had been there for 4 hours or something, and was about to have one last cigarette and pass out on the floor (It was a card pay station, and I was hanging out in the little lobby). As I step out to smoke, these 2 guys pull in, one has dreads down past his ass, and I know this is my ride. I ask him where they are headed, and unfortunately its kind of the wrong direction, but they are going a long ways, so that kind of makes up for the route. My girlfriend and I get in the car, and they pull off into the parking area and stop. The dready guy looks back and laughs a bit, then gets out, pop the hood, and jerks a few rags out of the engine block. He get back in, throws the rags in the glove box, and we are on our way.
It's sometime in the end of october or beginning of November, so the weather is pretty shitty. This night it happens to be so foggy you can barely see 2 meters in front of the lights. The Dready guy asks if I have a book, or a cd or something. I hand him my book, and he pulls out one of the rags. He unties it, pulls out a fist sized bag of white powder, and dumps a big lump on the cover of my book. He passes it back to me and tells me to cut 4 lines. I take one and a half (my partner had never done coke before, and didnt want a whole one), and they each take one, plus one more up front. He then turns around while he is untying the second rag and says"I wouldnt ask, but... brown?"
He then cuts out 4 lines of heroin, and passes 2 back to us. My partner doesnt want any, so I take them both, and he says thats rough, gives me another line of coke to balance it out.
By this point, we are going 240Km/hr, and swerving all over the road. We are feeling great though, so fuck it. He keeps passing back hash and making me roll joints. Apparently he makes this trip once a year to load up for him and all of his friends, getting Heroin, hash, and coke in Spain, then stopping in Andorra to buy tax free tobacco. they end up driving us like 600 km, almost to Paris, but in the last 200, we are stopping every 40km at the service station, and looking at the map to see how much farther they can take us. 5 times, couldnt just look once, gotta keep checking to be safe.
finally we ended up at some really funny service station, near Paris, that also seemed to be an archaeological site? There are a bunch of glass plates in the floor, with fossils underneath them. Weird. Especially all fucked up on speed balls.
The guys were cool as shit, but the 240km/hr ride in so much fog we couldnt see was a bit sketch.

Reactions: slurricane

Donnie

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I've really never had a horrible experience with hitching.
I remember once, this old lady picked me up, and she was really nice. She just gossiped about the goings on in her little neighborhood.

But this one time I was traveling out of Georgia, I'd gotten stranded in the middle of nowhere and I had no water. So I'd been walking for hours, dehydrated, and it's literally the peak of summer, I'm passing fields of corn, and cows (it was actually a really pretty rural area) When FINALLY I see a car coming my way. I stick out a thumb, and the driver slows. I'm just thinking to myself, thank goodness, this heat was blistering. Upon approaching the stopped vehicle, I can see the driver is a woman, cleanly dressed, in her early 40's.

Before I can even ask her for a ride, she hands me this paper. I look down, and she speeds away! I'm like "Hey, come back!" which of course, she pays no heed to.

Dejected, I look at the paper she'd given me which read -

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
:eek:
(I had to look up that quote, because I couldn't remember it correctly. ) :p

Drizzle

Reaction score
A couple friends and I were hitching in Maryland and this odd family picked us up. 2 crazy looking men with prison tattoos, a mother and her young kid. So were all crammed in the back of this van, and they tell us they have to make a stop at their friends house. After 10 minutes dude comes back, we get on the road going the wrong way. We say something about having to get out and then he starts telling us about how we can stay in his shed, but we cant tell anyone where we are going. We rejected his offer and they dropped us off on the spot.

Anyone else have good stories of odd, weird or creepy rides?

Shadowmarque

Reaction score
A lot of the creep-status rides I've had involve sexual favors of some sort or, very rarely but still warranted, wanting to take me "home" with them.
I was walking along the freeway once a few years ago, it was getting late and I had been walking for quite a while. This fellow in a red kingcab pulls over and picks me up, he seemed nice enough, middle-aged hispanic guy. Said he saw me on the other side of the freeway and wanted to give me a ride so I'd be safe. He offered some bookoo dollars for some play time up in one of the mountains. I declined, several times. Since we were in the middle of nowhere I figured I had some time and a few more miles before I had to tell him to really fuck off, as his advances weren't stopping. But as soon as lights came into view he said he understood and that he was sorry, dropped me off at a WalMart and gave me $30. Hm. The Mexicans at that WalMart all talked amongst themselves about me for a while (I thought I'd have trouble here, too); but to my astonishment, one of them came up to me and said that he and his friends all pooled together to give me $75, enough for a hotel room. Crazy kool.
Then again, to balance this out. I have had to stab a fellow for trying to rape me. And I did get ditched in the middle of nowhere. Both over sexy time. Fuck 'em. Be careful.

Drizzle

Reaction score
Ive had a few propositons before also. I was walking home from work one night, this dude pulled over and asked for directions. After I told him where he needed to be, he asked if I wanted a ride. We got around the corner from where I was staying, he parked and asked me "What do I have to do to let me give you a blow job?" I laughed in his face and jumped out of the car. Ive been mistaken as a female a few times as well.

nvasv

Reaction score
My most recent hitch from PDX to coeur d'Alene was a large male that decided to back track to his motel saying he needed to move out and that i should hang in the lobby. Once we finally get going, almost the entire time he talked about how he is a bachelor/ladies man and has no problem " hittin' a women that gets out of line." I'm already slightly worried about this dude and gripping my knife waiting for him to pull something and threaten him to let me out. I'm sure he was just trying to mess with me because he would also talk about decapitation/slitting throats. we are finally almost to Spokane when he tries to call a couple of gun shops so he can pick one up since in Montana, he can't for whatever reason. he tried walking me to the door once I finally made it but I had him drop me off at the wrong spot where I was staying on purpose. Listening to Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage, in the end, was probably the worst part.

Ash Ketchum

Reaction score
My friend and I got picked up by this Mexican guy in Phoenix arizona and first thing he does I drive us off the i10 and we tell him to let us out and he locks the back door and keeps acting like hes going to pull over but keeps driving. My friend both keep saying stop over and over... Finally after he drove is two blocks I just opened the back door and jumped out an the guy stopped and my friend got out. Not that creepy but a bit scary.

Also a funny one was this drunk Navajo guy who picked us up in new Mexico. He seemed to think that his gf was fucking her cousin and told us to "believe everything we've heard about the Navajo
" he told us he'd drive us all the way to Albuquerque but dropped us off at a small town along the way. He gave my friend a beer though so it was cool.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I have had to stab a fellow for trying to rape me.
Annoying sexual offers and verbal harassment from a driver are part of the territory,
but a drivers unwanted advances getting physical should never be tolerated. I hope that fucker bled!

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Not a creepy ride, but I once had a female bartender give me a ride, it was a bar I had walked to after a previous ride.
I slapped my last 5$ on the bar and got a Guinness. I ended up staying till the place closed since folks were buying the
"broke crazy hitchhiker" plenty of drinks. At last call she asked if I needed a ride, so I waited till they closed up and she
gave me a ride. Five minutes into the ride she started acting pretty nervous so I asked what was wrong. She told me
that I seemed harmless but she was having second thoughts about giving me the ride. I asked what was the problem.
She then proceeded to spill her guts to me about having been raped, not once but twice! She was getting a little teary
too. I told her she could let me out if it would make her feel better, no hard feelings. She gave a little choked up chuckle
and said "nah, I think you're to drunk to be dangerous anyway". I then did something that I never have done with a driver.
I reached in my pocket, took out my knife, and handed it to her. She slowly started to relax after that. After a little while
she gave my knife back to me and I asked her "you sure?" She nodded yes. After she let me out at my destination. I
asked her if she wanted the knife back to keep, so she'd have some protection. She thanked me but declined my offer,
she said she had pepper spray in her purse.

Reactions: Ash Ketchum

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've had a lot of creepy rides...
the worst to me was someone threatening to "shoot my dog and beat me into submission" when I said no to sexy time... I think what made it so scary was that it was at night in middle-of-nowhere texas. He ended up just letting me out on the side of the highway a mile or so from this tiny truckstop. I think he was just getting off on scaring someone!
I've been attacked before and stuff but I always got away really easily albeit pretty shaken up.
Most of the time peoples' creepin is just really annoying...like oh here we go again.

When I think of all the times I've hitchhiked alone, no dog, no phone, sometimes DRUNK....I just, agggh. Reckless as fuck!

Reactions: Shadowmarque

eurekascastle

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
boy have i had my fair share of people!! i've had this grower pick me up in cali and say "do you wanna know what happens when you step foot in a growers field??" i was all sure bro what's that? he goes "reach for that camera back there and flip 2 pics back" so i did to see some dude lying dead as a doornail with a bullet hole in his head ... needless to say i was glad when i got dropped off at my destination. i've also had a 400 pound trucker pick me and my old man up, take us back to his place to sleep on the couch in his garage where he had 2 wives and 5 kids running around. he wanted us to live with him.. we were out as soon as we did laundry and had some grub. there was this asshole in oklahoma that wanted to do some crack and when i explained i was a stoner and i didn't fuck with that shit he dropped me off in the middle of no where on the highway in 100 degree weather. took 10 miles of walking before someone finally stopped. so you have your douche bags, but there's always good people that kick it down and help as much as they can as well. that's the beauty of trampin'

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
Picked a hitcher up Wednesday night... I'm pretty sure my friend freaked him out.
Josh was shitfaced and kept telling the dude that he couldn't trust him cause he was going west... Well, they guy was actually going north.. My friend josh is a total redneck. Every time the guy would try to talk josh would say " shut the fuck and and listen, son".. The hitcher was at least 40, josh is 24.. I smoked a joint with the dude cause I'm sure he was ready to punch josh..
Im sure it wasn't that traumatic for the guy... Just nerve racking.
Oh well, I warned him that we were drunk..so yeah, instead of receiving a bad ride I pretty much gave
One..

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Picked a hitcher up Wednesday night... I'm pretty sure my friend freaked him out.
Josh was shitfaced and kept telling the dude that he couldn't trust him cause he was going west... Well, they guy was actually going north.. My friend josh is a total redneck. Every time the guy would try to talk josh would say " shut the fuck and and listen, son".. The hitcher was at least 40, josh is 24.. I smoked a joint with the dude cause I'm sure he was ready to punch josh..
Im sure it wasn't that traumatic for the guy... Just nerve racking.
Oh well, I warned him that we were drunk..so yeah, instead of receiving a bad ride I pretty much gave
One..

Veggieguy12 is the one with the titanic quote btw... Hahahaha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads