australian desert rat - bicycle, hiker, freight hopping...

seldom

polymath lover of rubbish, folk-punk, and poetry.
Reaction score
hello StP - new user here, currently in mparntwe/alice springs, 'australia'. long term enjoyer of cost free adventure, newer to riding freights in the notoriously challenging and unreliable rail network of australia. keen to keep learning the sparse network and hoping to travel abroad soon - i am confident, skilled and equip individual who enjoys adventures which are human powered with bicycles and on foot. moving forwards i wish to: contribute resources, ive got some australian rail resources to share - zine and service schedules (i'll first be seeking consent from the zine maker and StP staff), along with providing some trip reports of my travels. currently im digging into some of the great resources in the library (thx all contributors).

really appreciate the efforts and ethic of @Matt Derrick for moderating the chat and excited to hopefully earn my badges to the train hopping sub thread in due course, good to get my feet before digging in deeper.

PS really enjoyed @Koala's 37 dirty desert hours: my first train hop - https://ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com/37-dirty-desert-hours-my-first-train-hop/ great writing, images and stoke.

perhance message me - im welcoming of pen pals to practice my cursive with hehe

seldom seen aero dynamic sandal.

Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads