August 24 Graceda Park, Modesto CA National Straight Pride Counterprotest | Squat the Planet

August 24 Graceda Park, Modesto CA National Straight Pride Counterprotest

Reaction score
San Francisco Bay area - Norcal - Caifornia
Hopefully they don’t get their permit approved.

Attachments

• A6CF56BA-EBC7-48D8-85D1-017BA68082C6.png
    A6CF56BA-EBC7-48D8-85D1-017BA68082C6.png
    402.8 KB · Views: 366
  • D286FFA3-996E-4DA6-A9E0-92AFF1208003.png
    D286FFA3-996E-4DA6-A9E0-92AFF1208003.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 408
  • 00394776-29EC-48AA-B8D8-66ECAB4F49C7.png
    00394776-29EC-48AA-B8D8-66ECAB4F49C7.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 400
  • Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

train in vain

Reaction score
Hopefully they don’t get their permit approved.

Whys that? Because its not what you believe in? Those folks are probably saying the same thing whenever whatever ideas you have get put on display as well. So what really separates you from them on a basic level? Not much i imagine.

D

Deleted member 24782

Whys that? Because its not what you believe in? Those folks are probably saying the same thing whenever whatever ideas you have get put on display as well. So what really separates you from them on a basic level? Not much i imagine.

No I disagree, this event is disturbing, it's not just about straightness. You need to read between the lines, the event is truly perpetuating genuine hatred and bigotry. The language was very carefully selected and intentionally used so it can be displayed easily on any social media platform or tacked to a community bulletin board. I mean am i wrong here? I'm by no means an anarchist or even all that political but the flyer kind of offended me.

void gaze

Reaction score
This is literally a neo-nazi/alt-right event. Its organizers have been clear they are not just anti-lgbt+ but anti-Semitic, white nationalists. They are jumping on the bandwagon with a similar event in Boston being put on by other known fascists who have been coming up with one ‘cause’ after another to try and instigate PDX-style right wing street violence. If we should have learned one thing about these people it’s not to take them at face value but read critical research on them. Their rallies, whatever they call them are about organizing and recruiting for fascist violence.

• Agree
Reactions: ElonMusksButtcheeks
D

Deleted member 125

@train in vain you and @blank y'all can't be serious right? These events are held as a celebration of hatred and flat out open bigotry. Straight up (no pun intended) their purpose is to use free speech to promote hate and you calling people who oppose it "left tryhards" says a lot about how you feel on the subject of other people being a little ticked off that nazis are having fucking parades. Don't give them their freedom cause they are not gonna give you yers. There's 2 sides, the right side, and the side that literally has nazis on it. It shouldn't be too difficult to not sit on the fence on this one.

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I base the amount of gravitas I give something on impact over intent, is all. Hand me a petition I'll sign it, put up a candidate I will vote for them etc. but conversationally I just kind of shrug.

But I do legitimately find some protest episodes cringeworthy. Like full on painful to watch. And other things are pretty disturbing. I think this will be the former.

D

Deleted member 125

I base the amount of gravitas I give something on impact over intent, is all. Hand me a petition I'll sign it, put up a candidate I will vote for them etc. but conversationally I just kind of shrug.

But I do legitimately find some protest episodes cringeworthy. Like full on painful to watch. And other things are pretty disturbing. I think this will be the former.

You think seeing people protesting a hate rally is "painful to watch"?

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm too drunk for this conversation right now (I'm personally barely holding it together while being housed up for the summer with family and their stupid inescapable drama), but hopefully I remember this thread is here in the next few days while it's still relevant because I had something to add that's been on my mind for a while and I think it would matter.

Peace.

train in vain

Reaction score
@train in vain you and @blank y'all can't be serious right? These events are held as a celebration of hatred and flat out open bigotry. Straight up (no pun intended) their purpose is to use free speech to promote hate and you calling people who oppose it "left tryhards" says a lot about how you feel on the subject of other people being a little ticked off that nazis are having fucking parades. Don't give them their freedom cause they are not gonna give you yers. There's 2 sides, the right side, and the side that literally has nazis on it. It shouldn't be too difficult to not sit on the fence on this one.

I usually have to explain myself more when it comes to this type of shit. I dont support their cause..or anyones really i exist wayyyy outside that realm. I do support people being able to express whatever bullshit they have rattling around their head though. Real freedom. I dont like fuckin nazis..bunch of god damn idiots..but i also dont like the extremw opposite end of the spectrum either..the fuckin pc police. I vould get very in depth on this i just dont have.time and you probably dont give a shit. Bottom line is..if you get to say your piece so does everyone else for better or worse...now if you wanna go punch a motherfucker in the face for being dumb....

D

Deleted member 125

I usually have to explain myself more when it comes to this type of shit. I dont support their cause..or anyones really i exist wayyyy outside that realm. I do support people being able to express whatever bullshit they have rattling around their head though. Real freedom. I dont like fuckin nazis..bunch of god damn idiots..but i also dont like the extremw opposite end of the spectrum either..the fuckin pc police. I vould get very in depth on this i just dont have.time and you probably dont give a shit. Bottom line is..if you get to say your piece so does everyone else for better or worse...now if you wanna go punch a motherfucker in the face for being dumb....

I think a protest that only exists because there are nazis proudly walking around is a cause you dont have to be part of the pc police to get behind.

train in vain

Reaction score
I think a protest that only exists because there are nazis proudly walking around is a cause you dont have to be part of the pc police to get behind.
Im not arguing that. Fuck nazis. How many skinheads have YOU physically fought? Im saying if some asshole has a rally then some asshole has a rally. Who gets to decide whats ok to say and what isnt? Thats my issue. Maybe i quoted something i shouldnt have or some shit..i dont know. ✌ im not comin back on this one. Go fight em

Road warrior

Reaction score
This is literally a neo-nazi/alt-right event. Its organizers have been clear they are not just anti-lgbt+ but anti-Semitic, white nationalists. They are jumping on the bandwagon with a similar event in Boston being put on by other known fascists who have been coming up with one ‘cause’ after another to try and instigate PDX-style right wing street violence. If we should have learned one thing about these people it’s not to take them at face value but read critical research on them. Their rallies, whatever they call them are about organizing and recruiting for fascist violence.

D

Deleted member 125

Go fight em.

to answer yer original question, 3. It seems like you want to not talk about why you feel how you feel and that's fine, I'll drop it to. But I think that yer wrong and this particular issue especially these days is imo kinda a import thing to not be on the fence about.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads