Atlanta, GA

atlantaloner

Reaction score
not having a great homelife! I want to start traveling, but im planning to do it more towards spring time. are there any squat houses/ communities I could stay in around atlanta?

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
0tI8MSi.jpg

Anywho, Atlanta isn't meant for squatter kids. You'll soon be eaten alive. No worries.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

OstrichJockey

Banned
Reaction score
that's... vague, and not very helpful... :p

i'm not a fan of georgia in general so i can't help you... maybe seek out another town?

Vague. Which town?

I mean that everyone in Atlanta are reptiles. I'm currently in Atlanta but I'm a ninja turtle.

The people of rural Alabama are welcoming to transients, and you may also have good luck in Ashville, NC or Chatanooga.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vague. Which town?

I mean that everyone in Atlanta are reptiles. I'm currently in Atlanta but I'm a ninja turtle.

The people of rural Alabama are welcoming to transients, and you may also have good luck in Ashville, NC or Chatanooga.

don't vote my post as confusing because you didn't like that i voted your post that way. it's against the rules, and there was nothing confusing about my post.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@atlantaloner where do you want to go in the spring and how do you want to get there?

OstrichJockey

Banned
Reaction score
warning issued for abusing the rating system. your rating has been removed.
don't vote my post as confusing because you didn't like that i voted your post that way. it's against the rules, and there was nothing confusing about my post.
I was confused by it.

Also, that is a nice hat you have.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
i dont know much about atl but savannah is nice and just a hop and skip from there. i had a layover there (atl) on a greyhound once and from that i decided i didnt really like the place but im not much of a big city kind of guy..

OstrichJockey

Banned
Reaction score
I missed a bus back in January in Atlanta and ended up meeting a fellow traveler who also missed her bus. We counted 18 people who approached us to sell dope, within 6 hours.

Enjoyable city, if you can tolerate the people. I'm like 15 miles north of Atlanta for another week.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I missed a bus back in January in Atlanta and ended up meeting a fellow traveler who also missed her bus. We counted 18 people who approached us to sell dope, within 6 hours.

Enjoyable city, if you can tolerate the people. I'm like 15 miles north of Atlanta for another week.

yea and if you dont buy any dope its can you spare a couple dollars? and if you dont you get cussed out and they try to start a fight. yea same story here. the greyhound station there is a shit show. it was definately the worst part of the trip.

Reactions: Wanderingfkit

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
dragoncon is amazing if you can afford it and are a big geek. i can't imagine any other reason to be in georgia though.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score

Chillawhile

Reaction score
Atl is a pretty big city with some of the worst public transport imaginable. The greyhound station, as usual, is in a shitty part of town. The csx yard is nowhere near where you'd wanna be. Unless you got wheels your SOL or walkin for a while.
And the last few years it seems ATL has been on a huge gentrification trip. A lot of the spots that used to be cool are yuppie central now. The northside, old 4th, hell little 5 points used to have travel kids around a good bit. Now its Hipster Heaven.
Ive been housed up back in ATL since Oct. and I cant wait to get the fuck out!

D

deleted user

Flew to Atlanta to visit my grandma at her nursing home. I have been staying with her but who knows how long before I'm kicked out. It looks like this city is shitty to squatters, just from walking 4 hours/13 miles from the airport I didn't see a single traveling kid. If I get kicked I guess I'll go to Savannah.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads