Asheville Hitch toward Charlotte

bryanpaul

Reaction score
you might have good luck in swannanoa or black mountain.....theres a couple busses a day from asheville out there...less hectic exits and lots of pulloff room.... better yet....catch a damn train....byootiful ride... lemme know if you want more info on that

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I am actually in asheville, and I need to get back to Winston-Salem. I am assuming via Charlotte, but not sure exact route details. Would you mind pm me info for the route?

Thanks in advance

eclipse

Reaction score
i've hitched between asheville and greenville, s.c many times, down hwy 26 to 25, and always had easy rides, so maybe you could go down that way, 26 turns into 74 east to charlotte ( look at google maps). also, theres a bus, i forget which one, just ask at the window in the bus station, that will take you all the way out to the holiday inn in fletcher, by the airport, and right across from the hotel is a nice on ramp with a guardrail to sit on and lots of traffic both ways. get your friend to fly a money sign while you fly a ride sign, cause theres good spots for both there. you definitely want to stay off the interstate untill you get outta asheville cause the cops will fuck with you, so take that bus. you'll be fine on the on ramp

xRastaxRuggzx

Reaction score
your trying to get to Winston from Asheville? Take 40, it's a straight shot. Plus right before you get to Winston, on the western side, are a couple hella cool small towns, louisville-clemmons is a good exit, nice people. Mocksville is where it's at as well,

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads