Army Navt Surplus stores? My fav one just closed

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Ironmikes - Ontario, NY - I'm assuming this is still viable - website says they are closed on Sunday so I couldn't call. Pretty sure it is still there - and this is the place I want to go to (hopefully) when I get out that way soon.

http://stores.ironmikesmx.com/StoreFront.bok

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Thats near Rochester NY on the SEAWAy bike trail....All of the Rochester city buses have bike racks but I dont think they go out there. closest stop is Irondicote better wait for warmer weather wind off of lake ontario is a a bitch in the winter on a bike you might get out there easy going east on state 104 but the cold west winds will killl you

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
LOL I rode city down to Lake Ontario a few years ago and did the polar bear plunge for charity - then rode back. Bitch of a cold day but it actually felt good.

All the buses here have the bike racks on them - and there is a bus that goes out to the Ontario/Webster area - of course not on a regular systems as it is in the city - but there are trails that can be ridden ---- and you can ride (as I normally do) old ridge road up to the store.

But I'm thinking the more convenient warm way was when I go do some work on old boyfriend's house (I like demolition - and we're still friends) - I'll stop at that store when out there. I am a 100% commuter, etc -- but hey when in a vehicle and out that way ---- stop at the store.

Last time I was at that place - one of the things I purchased was a netting that went over my hat and protected my neck. Freaking awful mosquitoes there when working into dusk in the yard.

BrownStone NY

Reaction score
Ironmikes - Ontario, NY - I'm assuming this is still viable - website says they are closed on Sunday so I couldn't call. Pretty sure it is still there - and this is the place I want to go to (hopefully) when I get out that way soon.

http://stores.ironmikesmx.com/StoreFront.bok

Ironmike's is/was still open as of June 2012.I popped in there after attending an amateur radio swapmeet in Rottenchester.They were just getting ready to move or had just finished moving, can't remember which (way too high).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads