Anyone know any good books about revolution? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Anyone know any good books about revolution?

plagueship

Reaction score
omg really, no one 2nding TCI?? let me plug it a little more descriptively:
i would put this on a level with society of the spectacle and kapital (two books also worth reading, btw, well, at least SoS). the coming insurrection is sort of a watering down of the ideas of the tiqqun collective who authored one of the most profound critiques of modern society. it's really not very long and is very well written. the first half of the book is a systematic analysis of all the levels of a civilization that now justifies its domination mainly through the indefinite management of its own collapse. the second half tries to locate potential points of rupture and modes of developing resistance and the potential for revolutionary force. society of spectacle is worth reading too, an older book, and the major text of the situationist movement, which analyzes how representation comes to dominate all social relations in late capitalism.

Reactions: BrisVatne

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
There was this book at a university library I used to hang out in back in the day. It was a thick hardcover book called "blue prints to revolution", I cant find anything about it online, and I've only ever heard/seen it at that library. It was by far the most amazing and detailed manual I have seen to date.
The strange thing was the forward was written by Ronald Reagan and it was actually created for the elite in order to fight off revolution. Non the less it had chapters on everything from fighting gorilla warfare, to setting up different styles of cells, and secret orders, propaganda, recruiting, media, mass thinking and how to use it, you name it; anything you needed to know to start and operate a movement on the biggest of levels, along with all the history on how it was used ext.

I had planned on steeling it along with a handful of other priceless books but I took a backpacking trip through Latin America that winter and when I came back half a year later my brain switched onto different things.
Now that I've seen this thread I'm going to see if I can go nab it.

Z

zea mays

This is kind of unconventional, but Seeing by Jose Saramago...... It starts out with this city having en election, and everyone in the city unanimously just casts blank votes. The book deals with the government collapsing into more and more desperate measures and the citizens spontaneously getting totally mutualistic.

mycophage

Reaction score
One that I am surprised is not mentioned on this thread is "Blood in My Eye" by George Jackson.
George Jackson was an incarcerated black panther and read extensively on other revolutionary material. It's better written than anything by Che, or anything by any Leninist IMO. However, Jackson references most other revolutionary writing. It is available as a zine or on many websites as a pdf for free by simply googling. Sometimes the zine is called (BIME)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm not sure what DGR is, but I've heard Derrick Jensen is pretty transphobic.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads