anyone know any brand names of good sleeping bags? | Squat the Planet

anyone know any brand names of good sleeping bags?

ary

Reaction score
im looking for around a 0degree bag that is around or less than 5lbs that compresses down to aorund 7"X12" or less. i know of one kind called an "Extreme Pak" by High Peak, but i havent found any in stores. if anyone knows a store where to acquire one or has something of the sort, ill be more than happy to trade a pack and a sleeping bag (Field & Streams 0degree sleeping bag with hydrolining)or whatever it takes. im tryin to downsize packs and for me, that starts with a smaller sleeping bag. thanks yall and stay free...

bote

Reaction score
swap meet, flea market, whatever you want to call it, hit one up and look for the obvious company's (North Face, Mountain HArdware, etc.)
This is how I finally got one of those fancybags, super warm, crushes down to nothing, all for 5 bucks... good luck

nickstoddard

Reaction score
i've got the northface snowshoe, and for 200$ you can't really go wrong. serves me well. 0 degree. compresses pretty well.

i moved up from a 10lbs army bag in january and i haven't regretted it once.

Brand0nRagged

Reaction score
there's this one... it's not quite as compressable as you stated, but apretty close for the price.

(if someone gets that sleeping bag or had it let me know how it is. i might want one.)

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i've got the northface snowshoe, and for 200$ you can't really go wrong. serves me well. 0 degree. compresses pretty well.

i moved up from a 10lbs army bag in january and i haven't regretted it once.

YES YES YES YES. THE BEST SLEEPING BACK I HAVE EVER OWNED IN MY LIFE.
200 Bucks, But I got one for 50 off EBAY.
This is my baby & You can't go wrong.

ayron

Reaction score
i scored a really really REALLY fucking good sleeping bag off craigs list for 100 bones. its a mec hybrid mummy one. wieghs like 3 punds and is the compactable to perhaps even smaller then a loaf of bread. mec makes good shit. but ive also seen millitary surplus bags that are exactly the same as mine in vancouver for near the same price, but 100 is cheep, thats like 2 days busking :)

B

Belogenberg

ive got a slumberjack sleeping bag that is warm, soft and incredibly tiny when ya roll it up... not sure on prices, but worth checking out!

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
I think Northface and MEC both suck for quality. Lots of quantity, and lots of fun to aquire though!
...err...i realise i don't have a brand to offer...let me put it this way...I've had a northface bag that did not keep me warm in summer, and every mec bag i've had is warm enough, but it's totally not durable. MEC and REI are one and the same same, i would guess. Anything light weight can't be too durable, can it? Every piece of clothing i've ever worn from mec, or of the brand northface, have been reduced to rags in no time...not complaining though, mec is one of my most favourite places to aquire goodies.
I'd say there's a tonne of brand names, but the quality of each particular model is going to vary. Sleeping bags are all about the loft, what weight yer willing to carry. I'd say a down bag is always going to be warmer/lighter than any 100% synthetic fill is going to be.

ruther

Reaction score
I just got a Marmot trestle 0 degree bag a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's a mummy bag, but it still had a lot of room inside it, if you twist and turn in the night.

JaimaJaima

Reaction score
don't know if anyone said this yet but mountain hardware has been my go to bag for a couple years now. i've gone through the keltys and they've been a piece of shit, fraying all the time and having to sew it back together. they don't compress too small which is a bad thing but if you're looking for comfort i'd recommend it all the way. they're usually fairly cheap when bought wholesale, i think i payed about 30-50 for mine.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads