Anyone ever hitch a ride on the fly? (1 Viewer)

Laundromatt

Lurker
Current Location
Nowhere
Just wondering if anyone has ever hitched a ride on the fly. Ya know, like getting a running start and just hopping on................. ??

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

siid

Wanderer
Current Location
dont fuckin worry about it
Just wondering if anyone has ever hitched a ride on the fly. Ya know, like getting a running start and just hopping on................. ??
Yeah i try dis. i was tryina hitch a ride real quick i could count the tread on the tires so i thought it was going slow enough but i got a concussion once i got on, cant say if it was a pre existing condition but all i could say is wtf im thinkin

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
yeah i did this successfully, once.

it's doable. but like many things. it happens in real time and there's too many variables. it's not the same deal each time..

edit: this is referring to freight

Last edited:
OP
Laundromatt

Laundromatt

Lurker
Current Location
Nowhere
Yeah i try dis. i was tryina hitch a ride real quick i could count the tread on the tires so i thought it was going slow enough but i got a concussion once i got on, cant say if it was a pre existing condition but all i could say is wtf im thinkin
Yea try and avoid those concussions next time. Also it's a good rule of thumb to just not make eye contact with the driver/passengers when boarding

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
i used to hop on the fly from time to time but it was back when i was drinking alot and basically knew i was invincible. not something ide recommend doing unless you are sober and feel 100% comfortable you can commit to getting on that car.

edit: just realized you meant a car not a train car. no ive never tried to jump into a moving car.

OP
Laundromatt

Laundromatt

Lurker
Current Location
Nowhere
i used to hop on the fly from time to time but it was back when i was drinking alot and basically knew i was invincible. not something ide recommend doing unless you are sober and feel 100% comfortable you can commit to getting on that car.
Jeez, that either an act of bravery or an act of something else

siid

Wanderer
Current Location
dont fuckin worry about it
it can definitely be an act of something else

it can be sister act part 2
it can be the mercantile law act of 1962

id say its open to interpretation

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
thats why uh...i was a bit confused. i didnt even know this was something anyone had ever considered doing.
you & i both fren...i mean...i don't see how i could bop into a truckbed without alerting the driver...a train that's clearly another story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!
If I had one more freight hop left in me, maybe two, I would take an NS 27A (auto rack) to Macon, get shuttled to Warner Robins to visit my friends since I haven't seen them for quite a while, then head back to Macon. Next up, maybe I would stay put under a skirted piggyback heading southbound to Jacksonville just to explore the Macon/Valdosta districts.
who's in Grand Junction Colorado?
Feelin all bougie with a vehicle! Bigger badder adventures!
new bucket list. the national parks. all of them
Trying to hitch out this week!!
Need ride today from Vegas to Reno will help with gas
Headed to seattle soon lets hope the trains aren't too cold.

Members online