Any winter jobs around Alberta/BC? | Squat the Planet

Any winter jobs around Alberta/BC?

Django

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place, it seemed reasonable.

Fellow maple syrup fans,
I'm biking across Canada, and with winter knocking I'd love to find a place where I can make myself usefull. I have an interview for B visa (U.S at December 27tg in Calgary.
I am currently in Sault ste Marrie and biking west.

Im a strong male, worked in farms before, wood chopping and gardening. I also trimmed weed (Cannabis) and would love to work in something like that again.
I did dish-washing in a restaurant in Quebec. Really every kind of labour work.

I'm a red cross certified lifeguard and can do indoor pools.

I don't have a work permit, so if you know places that might look an extra pair of hands for a few months, please share.

+How rude it is to just ask people for work+accommodation AND money?
Cause just doing working for accommodation isn't what I'm looking for, I've done that, and it feels like a total waste of time.

You stay safe
Stay warm
✌️

Reactions: AG Golda

Tadaa

Reaction score
tons of restaurant jobs . also skihills are hiring now. (better to get those jobs in advance. some places the restaurant jobs are also filled in when the season starts so if you know where you want to go apply now.
might get away without a visa.

Tadaa

Reaction score
i lived in bc for almost two years.. had a working holiday for of em.. work a restaurant in tofino, and some odd jobs for cash on my travels.. summer time, so construction and that kind of work

sd40chef

Reaction score
Damn dude I grew up in the soo. Do u need anything specific right now? I can try to help. Enjoy the ride west along lake superior and good luck with the work

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads