Event - Anti-Civ Gathering in Upstate NY April 28th | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Event Anti-Civ Gathering in Upstate NY April 28th

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Roadkill, I have heard a few things about this, but I have yet to find any good information on when this year's is. I am thinking I won't make it to the west this summer, but if I do, I hope you'll post some information on the gathering here.
Hope you make it out!

EatMoreRoadKIll

Reaction score
If you google search it most of the info will come up. Location to be announced. Most likely San Juan Natl forest. Went to the first one they did back in 2011. At least I think it was the first. It wasn't the most organized, and there weren't many workshops, I ended up teaching an impromptu hand drill class, still pretty fun. Thinking there will be more workshops this year.

Reactions: Hillbilly Castro

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Is this still happening?
I have and idea, why dont you all come down to NYC for uocoming anarchist bookfair so we could have a bigger gathering with more people interested.
I can't make it so far upstate because my van has mechanical issues I'm still working on fixing before summer comes so I could gtfo of here and not break down on the side of the road.
I am interested in meeting everyone who is seriously ready to buy land next to each other. I definitely need to see what people are about thou before I join in on that. So if you all wanna come down to the city for a couple days during the bookfare, that d be cool place for a discussion and a meeting. Just gotta email to the fair organizers and suggest the event. Then we 'll have space and anyone interested could come and see what is up.

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
It's still sort of happening, but it kind of petered out. Unless things have changed, @Drengor @malaclypse +2 buddies of theirs, and a few of my friends are showing up, but a number of people who were close to going had to back out for whatever reason. So it's really more a little campout than a gathering, which is fine. It's definitely in an off-the-beaten-path area, so I get it.

Mostly I am just trying to network routinely with folks who could be interested in buying up land together in the Adirondacks or somewhere thereabouts. No one has been here generally so I want to show off the region because I think it has a lot of potential. May start a thread on that to show off some of the properties for sale that I've found. Might be cool to organize a gathering around the tax auctions (Hamilton County's tax auction is in June) and buy some shit cash outright.

Anyway there should be few enough of us that some could probably head to NYC. I'd be curious to know when the fair is as well, and where the good spots are to crash down there. Might be able to house someone in my mom's van as she lives in Brooklyn.

Reactions: Drengor and marmar

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It's still sort of happening, but it kind of petered out. Unless things have changed, @Drengor @malaclypse +2 buddies of theirs, and a few of my friends are showing up, but a number of people who were close to going had to back out for whatever reason. So it's really more a little campout than a gathering, which is fine. It's definitely in an off-the-beaten-path area, so I get it.

Mostly I am just trying to network routinely with folks who could be interested in buying up land together in the Adirondacks or somewhere thereabouts. No one has been here generally so I want to show off the region because I think it has a lot of potential. May start a thread on that to show off some of the properties for sale that I've found. Might be cool to organize a gathering around the tax auctions (Hamilton County's tax auction is in June) and buy some shit cash outright.

Anyway there should be few enough of us that some could probably head to NYC. I'd be curious to know when the fair is as well, and where the good spots are to crash down there. Might be able to house someone in my mom's van as she lives in Brooklyn.
Adirondacks would work for me, as a region I like it a lot.
Well the anarchist book fare usually happens around May. I haven't heard about exact dates of this year yet. I usually get email.. But about to look that up.
Wow your mom lives in van in brooklyn? Lol, thats cool. Me too.
I can suggest parking spots or places to camp out for a night. There are a lot of travellers that sleep on the street in lower East side, but there are parks and beaches that are more secluded. Couchserfing exists too, but I've never used it. that's personal choice of course. It's nice and warm here already.

*update. Here we go, June 8,9
http://anarchistbookfair.net

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
haha, no she lives in an apartment, but owns a van that I sleep in sometimes. The way rent is, though, she may find herself in the van soon...

I'm glad you've been through the adirondacks, seems like not many travelers come through here. Thanks for info on the bookfair, I'll definitely try to make it down. The NYC anarchist scene is a thing I like to check out once in a while.

D

Deleted member 2626

I would have tried to make it but it was out of the question with an aunt dying and my uncle, husband to dead aunt, asked for my help with some roofing work. Hopefully the camp can post some pictures and w rite up of the meeting. I'll be hitching and walking to New England in june or july I believe from my northern pa homestead and am definitely looking to meet up with folks if possible north of me.

D

Deleted member 20683

i also would have more likely tried to make it if not for the post that it was 'petering out'. best wishes to those who went. i hope we can have something like this nearer where i live (near greenfield, ma).

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
yo Troll if you see this I have your tobacco pouch, it was down the side of the chair in my car

Sweet. Keep it or kick it down to someone.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads