and then theres this loser. | Squat the Planet

and then theres this loser.

Nurdbrowski

Reaction score
Hi my names nerds.I'm 26 and I've been living in florida for 6 years.I'm from CT and most of the. New england area..my mom was a alky so I moved around a lot.anywho. I've been homeless for aabout 3 months.living iin a tent in the backyard of a friends house..I want. To go..travel..get away from these people and places...I have about 300 dollars a tent a good hobo guide book.internal frame 3000 bag.some small supplys and lots of hours of this website and others packed in my head..anywho.I leaving in 4 days..I've never .. hiitched /hopped/doged it..

Unslap

Reaction score
Cool have you ever been out west? Any idea where youll head first?

Nurdbrowski

Reaction score
Never been west..I lived up north when I was a kid...first place is ocala florida rainbow gath to meet someone to guide my to savahna georgia..then maybe nola to new orleans or more north to n corolina...any tips on catching out in. Northern florida? Or where hobo beach is?

Unslap

Reaction score
I want to know where hobo beach is too, sounds rad!

dprogram

Reaction score
No way! At the end of Feb I plan on Going there to my parents condo...might be fun...

deanmoriarty

Reaction score
good luck to you

dajdiioue

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind:
www.couchsurfing.org
It's a website for travelers who aren't traveling with very much (or any) money, basically it's settled travelers offering their couches and spare rooms to traveling travelers... Which is really excellent if you think about it, and goes with this whole idea of an emotionally sane human community that has members who actually care for (and take care of) each other! I seriously recommend checking it out, it's pretty wonderful.

deanmoriarty

Reaction score

SeeYouInIceland

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind:
www.couchsurfing.org
It's a website for travelers who aren't traveling with very much (or any) money, basically it's settled travelers offering their couches and spare rooms to traveling travelers... Which is really excellent if you think about it, and goes with this whole idea of an emotionally sane human community that has members who actually care for (and take care of) each other! I seriously recommend checking it out, it's pretty wonderful.

i have done this and met nothing but good people! most of my hosts cooked me a meal, offered to show me around, poured me a drink. i always try to do something for them in return - the dishes, yardwork, whatever. nothing like preparing to bed down in 15 degree weather, then getting a call "still looking for a place to crash tonight? yeah, no, i'll come pick you up."

dprogram

Reaction score
please tell me you were joking... i laughed so hard when i read this!
Totally serious. They have a timeshare thing on the soundside and they never go. They didn't pay their fee this year so I didn't make it down. It's vacant this week til Sunday. Go kick the door in, grab the free liquor, and crash.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
Totally serious. They have a timeshare thing on the soundside and they never go. They didn't pay their fee this year so I didn't make it down. It's vacant this week til Sunday. Go kick the door in, grab the free liquor, and crash.

your parents have a fucking timeshare!?! tell them to send me some change!

dprogram

Reaction score
your parents have a fucking timeshare!?! tell them to send me some change!
Ha. They won't even give me change. I'll be happy for them to loan me money to get a cheap ass van. They've got another one out in Virginia Beach...never been to that one though. They're not rich...just have a couple investments. They have 6 acres over in Hardy, AR I'd like to go out to...spring fed creek that goes into Spring River...good camping spot.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
then you should. in AR? they have the ozarks there! yes! fresh water and land. i'll help you when i'm done with my degree, it's always been a dream of mine...

nostrumfiend

Reaction score
how much longer will rainbow gathering last for do you guys think? i'm thinking about making my way down from VA with a buddy

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads