Event - Alienstock -- #StormArea51; who wants to go? | Squat the Planet

Event Alienstock -- #StormArea51; who wants to go?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So the whole nonsense with the storm area 51 facebook page has turned into a music festival thing at the Little Ale'inn restaurant and hotel in Rachel, NV, September 19th-22nd, 2019. More details here:

So.... seeing Area 51 and the surrounding area has been #1 on my bucket list for longer than I can remember. Even before all this sillyness went down with naruto running into the base, etc, I was planning on driving through on my way down to Slab City in September, so it's really a strange occurrence that all this is going down at the same time.

Still, I'm super excited about it. I'm curious if anyone else wants to ride out there with me though? I'm driving my car, and I plan on hiking up to tikaboo peak to view the base (it's the only place still on public land you can see the base from). It's a beautiful area if you like the desert, and I think it would be a really fun thing to do before all this festival shit goes down.

So, if you want a free ride out there, hit me up!

oh, p.s., i plan on live streaming if there's signal, if not, i will post many youtube videos!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This event is probably going to drastically change my route. I imagine I would be going straight down from Walla walla to reno then rachel/Las Vegas area.

Id like to get to the Rachel, nv area around the 18th at the latest, since I'd like to hike tikaboo peak and camp for a night watching the base before all the shit goes down for the main event.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
But the burning question on everyone's mind I think is: Are we getting a video of you during the naruto run through the desert, Matt?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
But the burning question on everyone's mind I think is: Are we getting a video of you during the naruto run through the desert, Matt?

Haha well, I fully expect to be behind the camera filming all the other Naruto runners, but I'll try to do a selfie shot?

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: iamwhatiam

BlowUpTrains

Reaction score
Turns out there are some cool things in the area to explore such as a multiple ghost towns, mines, a "powerline outlook" atop a mountain that has a driving trail....Lunar Crater looks pretty interesting too.

Here is a link from Rachel outlining camping areas and places of interest....Rachel, Nevada Home Page - http://www.rachel-nevada.com/

I may camp out, or check out a few pf these places.

Last edited:

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
So from what I've read, Alienstock is no longer taking place in Rachel NV. It has been moved to Downtown Las Vegas Event Center on 9/19/2019 and has changed the name of the event to AREA 51 Celebration being put on by Collective Zoo and Bud Light. The event is free but you have to be over 21 to get in.

What the hell happened to a bunch of people gathering in the Nevada desert and having fun? Now its being sponsored and regulated? Not to mention its no where near Area 51. That blows. I ain't going.

gloomshroom

Reaction score
So from what I've read, Alienstock is no longer taking place in Rachel NV. It has been moved to Downtown Las Vegas Event Center on 9/19/2019 and has changed the name of the event to AREA 51 Celebration being put on by Collective Zoo and Bud Light. The event is free but you have to be over 21 to get in.

What the hell happened to a bunch of people gathering in the Nevada desert and having fun? Now its being sponsored and regulated? Not to mention its no where near Area 51. That blows. I ain't going.

I've been asking bands involved in Alienstock, and they've told me it's still in Rachel.
So much conflicting information, it's getting frustrating.

• Agree
Reactions: BradKajukenbo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads