Advice???

janktoaster

Reaction score
I'm trying to get to Chicago, leave here in two weeks- I have a possible rideshare lined up, but they're 50/50 and I need to get there to see a lover, and explore that city some more... I feel like I was there so briefly, I barely got to know it.

Buses at this point are a non-option, they're too expensive and really just not fun. I would hop, as I am equidistant from NYC and Philadelphia, but have only rode trains in Colorado and Utah, and one along the Hudson for a few miles. Selkirk is a two hour drive from me. I'd love to hop, but I have my doubts doing it alone (although that might be best in some cases). I trust myself to do so, I'm not fucking stupid about a lot of things, and can keep my shit together.

I'm assuming CSX Selkirk to Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo, and from there to Cleveland, then NS to Toledo and then eventually Chicago??

But I mean, I'm a lot more experienced in hitch hiking, but have only hitched alone from Denver to Santa Fe.. every other time and every other mile was with someone else, and I'm not nervous about that. I'm more hesitant about Ohio cos I know how shitty hitching is there. But, it's only a 730 mile trip from me to Chitown and I could bang that out in a day or two, with luck. But at the same time I just wanna get there and not deal with tons of people and all that jazz.

I dunno, sorry if this is under the wrong thread, maybe it should be under trainhopping?? I'm super tired and haven't slept in a few days. Also, sorry if none of this makes sense, but I would like your thoughts. Thank you my dear friends

K

Kim Chee

Why have you been awake for so long?
Go to sleep, get some rest and hitch when you wake up.

Solo hitching is better than hitching two dudes.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'm a Rochester NY couch surfing person, you run into an issue contact me ---- no problem

janktoaster

Reaction score
Why have you been awake for so long?

Is solo hitching better than hitching with a girl? I find that helps

janktoaster

Reaction score
Also, I haven't slept for so long because I have been writing non stop.. I'm gonna stay housed up for another week or so, and then set out. I wanna hop but fuck, I don't want to do it alone the first time on the east coast ya know?? Someone helped me out in Grand Junction and that was rad but

I dunno, yeah, hitching it is

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Why have you been awake for so long?so

so many times i have gone to bed stressed and worried but ive learned to realize that when i wake up ill be refreshed and open to new ideas and ill have more clarity of thought

K

Kim Chee

Is solo hitching better than hitching with a girl? I find that helps
I have a ton of solo hitching experience. The few times I hitched with a woman it seemed to work maybe a little better though. Rides seemed to be less difficult to get and the company was appreciated. It is plenty ok to hitch alone though. It is good for developing patience or losing your mind depending which way you want to go. I'm sure you'll figure it out after some rest. You'll get there soon enough.

• Sad
Reactions: Tude

janktoaster

Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah, I'm gonna do it. Hitching in general helps to develop patience I've found, but also can make you go a little mad.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
are you opposed to sucking trucker dick? .... kidding

Reactions: janktoaster

janktoaster

Reaction score
I mean I'm opposed to sucking dick, trucker or not.... ha I've hitched a lot and I've only been asked to suck a dude's dick once!! In a million dollar RV in Idaho

D

Deleted member 2626

Hitched alone a lot but I do it with a medium sized mutt and have never been propositioned I hate hitching too. Look up Megabus real cheap lines, still might have to hitch a bit. And as anyone that's hitched it can be perspective changing as with trains. I'm from Penn and spend a good deal of time here leaving intermittently and have only ever rode out west too. There are so many damn people on the east coast and I feel more accepted out west at times.

janktoaster

Reaction score
Hitched alone a lot but I do it with a medium sized mutt and have never been propositioned I hate hitching too. Look up Megabus real cheap lines, still might have to hitch a bit. And as anyone that's hitched it can be perspective changing as with trains. I'm from Penn and spend a good deal of time here leaving intermittently and have only ever rode out west too. There are so many damn people on the east coast and I feel more accepted out west at times.

See, I don't have a dog. Well, I do, but she's so old and can't handle the road. I'm leaving her with my parents.

I checked Megabus, and it's all over $60. And I mean, that isn't horrible to get to Chicago from NYC, but.. I'd rather throw a rideshare person a tank of gas or something, you know?

That change of perspective still lingers with me, even when I'm housed up and not traveling. I miss it so much, though. I would imagine long distance trains would be similar, maybe even more perspective changing. I only rode them a few hours each time, but that was wild and life changing..

But I totally feel you, once you get out west it's so different. The east coast is overcrowded and everyone seems to be in a rush, focused on the hustle and bustle and the rat race, I guess.

old soul

Reaction score
I'm trying to get to Chicago, leave here in two weeks- I have a possible rideshare lined up, but they're 50/50 and I need to get there to see a lover, and explore that city some more... I feel like I was there so briefly, I barely got to know it.

Buses at this point are a non-option, they're too expensive and really just not fun. I would hop, as I am equidistant from NYC and Philadelphia, but have only rode trains in Colorado and Utah, and one along the Hudson for a few miles. Selkirk is a two hour drive from me. I'd love to hop, but I have my doubts doing it alone (although that might be best in some cases). I trust myself to do so, I'm not fucking stupid about a lot of things, and can keep my shit together.

I'm assuming CSX Selkirk to Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo, and from there to Cleveland, then NS to Toledo and then eventually Chicago??

But I mean, I'm a lot more experienced in hitch hiking, but have only hitched alone from Denver to Santa Fe.. every other time and every other mile was with someone else, and I'm not nervous about that. I'm more hesitant about Ohio cos I know how shitty hitching is there. But, it's only a 730 mile trip from me to Chitown and I could bang that out in a day or two, with luck. But at the same time I just wanna get there and not deal with tons of people and all that jazz.

I dunno, sorry if this is under the wrong thread, maybe it should be under trainhopping?? I'm super tired and haven't slept in a few days. Also, sorry if none of this makes sense, but I would like your thoughts. Thank you my dear friends

Have you passed by Cleveland yet

D

Deleted member 20

I met a dirty kid named "bugsy" at the niagra Falls & we joked about sucking dick for chesseburgers. Someone should fly a sign that says. "Will suck Cock for cheeseburgers, please hold the pickles". Sorry if off topic but since I am Toledo heading to Chicago this post came up in a search & the topic of sucking dicks was there too.

janktoaster

Reaction score
Hahahahahha "will suck dick for cheeseburgers, hold the dick".. highway man you ever been in that huge empty vacant lot in south Toledo? Right across from the megabus stop

Dmac

Reaction score
you could spange up 60 bucks easily enough, but i agree a rideshare could be more fun.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads