[advice wanted] Time to cut my teeth | Squat the Planet

[advice wanted] Time to cut my teeth

technotrash

Reaction score
Ok, it's time.
i've saved a good chunk of change, i've taken a few lessons, i'm ready to get a boat.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about some good spots on the east coast/gulf where i can spend the winter improving my skills
somewhere with generally easy waters and lowish traffic, i generally know what i'm doing but i'm still a little green.
bonus points if there's service industry work nearby.
long term plan is to bring it back north next spring to work on cape cod.

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
Ok, it's time.
i've saved a good chunk of change, i've taken a few lessons, i'm ready to get a boat.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about some good spots on the east coast/gulf where i can spend the winter improving my skills
somewhere with generally easy waters and lowish traffic, i generally know what i'm doing but i'm still a little green.
bonus points if there's service industry work nearby.
long term plan is to bring it back north next spring to work on cape cod.

This just sounds epic man, good luck on everything and safe travels!!

Reactions: technotrash

Cracker

Reaction score
There's a lot of cool little towns all over florida that are close to bigger cities with lots of hotels and restaurants for work. My boat has shallow keel so I can fit in shallow areas which is awesome for florida. The ICW is cool because it's very well marked and fun to cruise with easy access to the coastal towns. Winter time is awesome for liveaboards in florida the temp is very comfortable and no hurricanes. Good luck to ya. I'm in New Smyrna Beach south of Daytona, hit me up if your ever in the area.

technotrash

Reaction score
UPDATE: i went and did the damn thing. Say hello to la loupe de mer. Anyone in maryland?

Attachments

• 20170808_113805.jpg
    20170808_113805.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: Cracker

Cracker

Reaction score
Hell yeh dude, what make of boat is it? Does it have a motor? I have a Columbia 24 1968. I'm not an expert but if u have any questions I'd be glad to help. I'm based in Florida but I'll be in Virginia beach the beginning of October. Congrats! Good luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads