Advice for Showering & Staying Clean | Page 8 | Squat the Planet

Advice for Showering & Staying Clean

K

Kim Chee

I used to have a girlfriend that liked me to NOT shower after work and just get it on as soon as I came home. I'm not so sure she'd be as appreciative when I skip a full shower weeks on end though, but then again...
I don't like it when even I can say I stink (which is probably about a week after everybody else thinks I stink). If I don't have full shower access, I make sure I at least get the hair/scalp, ass/crotch and feet regularly.
Swapping out underwear and socks after washing not only feels good, but it is the right thing to do. Also, nails trimmed and hands frequently washed will go a long way towards warding off illness.

images

in short: Wash that nasty ass, you're gonna be glad you did!

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
im not the biggest fan of showers, espc. when on the road. i usually go a month or so without a shower on the road. to suffice that i use baby wipes on my ass when it starts to itch and the same for my crotch. i change my socks every few days and when i do i put a shit ton of gold bond powder in them and with that im usually pretty good, it really helps keep the athletes foot away.

scales

Reaction score
if its hard for you to take showers then at least try to take one at least ones a week and you'll be fine. a lot of beaches have showers outside that you could use I've used them before and get butt naked i don't care but its late all ready when i do it

Dead horse

Reaction score
Clean your crotch whenever possible but ya for fuck sakes strive to clean your god damn body even if you gotta jump in a fucking lake or haul off dollar store buckets full of warm water from mcdonalds. Its fucking water its not going to kill you. And use soap too

Dead horse

Reaction score
if its hard for you to take showers
Its not hard to take a shower. Some people just get so consumed with laziness that they don't think of it as a normal thing to do, Even in the dead of winter living in the bush i had a giant enamel spittoon pot i could wash out with snow and fill and boil to wash my self in. I don't know about some people but i feel like a fucking stallion when it comes to attracting the opposite sex and guys, girls don't want you if you fucking stink and have scabies so save yourself time from jerking off and just clean yourself up

watisthisidonteven

Reaction score
what the fuck is wrong with you people

"oh no i dont use deodorant or anything"
OH HEAVEN FORFEND YOU INVEST 4 DOLLARS IN A YOUR PERSONAL HYGIENE

"dont eat mcdonalds then you won't have to waste water showering every day"
ITS NOT A WASTE OF WATER ITS LIVING IN A 1ST WORLD COUNTRY YOU SELF IMPORTANT SMELLY FUCK

"you smell worse after a shower"
YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

ive got new for all of you who think "people dont notice a smell" or "i dont smell or anything"
YOU SMELL. TAKE A FUCKING SHOWER. YES, SOAP IS GOOD FOR YOU. WELCOME TO THE 19TH CENTURY.

im seriously flabbergasted at the attitude people have her regarding hygiene. ok if you're on the bum riding the rails there aren't showers thats fine. but why the fuck are you acting like showers and deodorant make you soft or some such thing? there's a word normal people in civilized society use for "smelling human". its called body odor. "oh but deodorant companies invented the idea of B.O. in the early 1920s". yes, and cola had cocaine in it and women couldn't vote and laudanum was available OTC then too. THINGS CHANGE YOU FUCKING WEIRDOS. SHOWER YOURSELF WITH WATER AND SOAP PLZ.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
I don't use the deodorant but I sure do love a nice steaming hot shower burning all the filth away. If someone doesn't like my musk when I am dirty, well its not my problem that's theirs.

• Haha

watisthisidonteven

Reaction score
no, that's your problem, because you SMELL.

why would you NOT use deodorant? because its affordable, makes you smell good, and reduces underarm wetness thereby making you comfortable? because it makes interacting with people easier and increases their opinion of you?

is it some kind of conspiracy? like fluoride, instead strengthening your teeth, makes you a slave to the one world government and the Lemurians and Illuminati who run it?

seriously explain this to me. "deodorant has aluminum in it". yes and freight trains have rusty nails on them, but embracing that danger is apparently cool, while smelling good is apparently uncool.

• Haha

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
First i could give two shits what anyone thinks of me, if someone doesn't like me because i smell a little bad well that is in fact their problem, Iam not here to impress uppity douche bags.

Second i would rather buy food for myself instead of a stick of deodorant.

Third worry about your self bud, that's the real cool thing to do.

• Haha

watisthisidonteven

Reaction score
someone who washes themselves with soap and water and maintains the agreed upon standard of hygiene for the last 40 years = uppity douche bag

i AM worried about myself bud. i have to SIT next to you on the subway.

• Haha

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
I don't ride the subways I have feet, so you wont have that on your list of problems.
and if you knew how to read I actually do shower, i just don't buy deodorant..
thank you for the laughs its been pleasant.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads