1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Resources Advice for Showering & Staying Clean

Discussion in 'Staying Healthy' started by Loaf, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Jone

Jone Hungry for Knowledge

portrait painter, solo singer
    Address:
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +58 / -1
    This thread is long. Truckers get points on thier cards when they buy gas. They earn showers at TA's. Instead of spanging for $12, ask a trucker if they have extra showers on their card, some of them don't use them all. They'll bring you a shower ticket. It way faster than spanging for cash. I get free showers really fast, n feel on top of the world, n oh, so clever. That's a 'resource' for staying clean.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Berky

Berky is getting to know the place

Arby's Staff Member
    Address:
    Cranberry Township, PA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Wow this is an old thread, but I have something to add that I think will help. Ladies, buy yourself some feminine wipes! These are good for keeping 'down there' clean and your pH balanced and you can use them for other parts of your body if needed (armpits, or face, just not in that order!)
    They are also very compact and individually wrapped so you can stash a few at the top of your bag and the rest in the big compartment of your bag for later use. The only downside I see to these is that they aren't flushable, but because each wipe comes in its own package, you can just put them back in and throw them out later. I haven't traveled quite yet so I have no idea how effective they are, but they have gotten me out of a pinch in my everyday life before. If you're wondering, I use Summer's Eve brand wipes. They are not too strongly scented, which I like. Certainly worth a try!

If anyone does this, let me know how it works out. :)

3. NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst Appreciated Participator

Featured Threads:
    Bricklayer
    Address:
    Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Thought id throw my exes homeade toothpaste in here. This is her recipe...

Measurements are not fixed or precise, measurements vary depending on the Jar being used.
    For an average small jar:
    4/6 Baking Soda
    1/6 (+a little bit more) Bentonite Clay
    1-2 tsp Turmeric (tooth whitener)
    1-2 tsp Ground Sage (antiseptic)
    1 tsp Salt (good for enamel)
    12-16 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
    10 drops Rosemary EO
    5-7 drops Tea Tree EO (optional, may be strong for some to handle but good for your teeth)

STIR dry ingredients well.
    THEN add the Essential Oils, and stir.
    THEN add a little water, slowly, and stir it, do not over water!!!!
    Mix it well until a paste forms. If you put too much water slowly add more baking soda.
    You can flavour it with Cinnamon, or careful consideration of other EOs.

(The ingredients are usually bought bulk so its something you would need to store and take a container of finished product on the road probably. I find that recipe pretty bitter and earthy, more flavour would be my recomendation but it depends on your pallet)

• Like Like x 1
    #203 NotmybestNotmyworst, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018