About to be homeless in Boston :( | Squat the Planet

About to be homeless in Boston :(

Lanni

Reaction score
Hi guys. I was just recently got fired from my job and kicked out of my former home. I have absolutely no money and I'm looking for some squats in the Boston/ Cambridge area. If anyone knows of some please feel free to pm or reply with info.
Thanks, lanni

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 125

im sorry for yer situation, but being that you have just signed up i feel sketchy giving you squat info because it screams cop to me. check shelters, i hope you have warm clothes bostons a hell of a place to be stranded right now.

Lanni

Reaction score
I know thats a huge issue right now in boston because the T isnt even running half the time and its a bitch to even get around in all this snow. If I had any money id buy a plane ticket somewhere south but i don't at the moment. I might end up just taking some benzos and go into a detox to get to a TSS to wait out the winter. Either way things aren't looking too good.

D

Deleted member 20

I think the detox route may be a decent idea especially if you have addiction problems that lead to this new found homelessness. I wish I found treatment sooner!

P

pigpen

Thanks man. I know Boston fairly well but i know nothing of the squatting or punk scenes at all. Like you said hopefully someone on here is knowledgable of the Boston area.

check out youth on fire, it's a drop in center in cambridge, I see from your info you're young enough to go in. they can help you with warm gear and you can meet other homeless kids who can potentially show you a spot to stay. also they have food and toiletries/medical supplies and you can hang out in there during the week when they're open and stay warm. they're closed on weekends so you gotta wait until monday but here's a link to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/YouthOnFireMA

hope this helps.

Lanni

Reaction score
I think the detox route may be a decent idea especially if you have addiction problems that lead to this new found homelessness. I wish I found treatment sooner!
I've actually been on the suboxone clinic for almost a year now so I've been clean from everything except a little pot. I was living at home with my parents and when i got fired from my job I got kicked to the streets. I was only thinking about detox because they send you to a tss for up to 6 months so you get 3 squares a day, a hot shower, and a warm bed.

arianaholland1

Reaction score
I actually went to a treatment center for 6 months up in Alpine once just to avoid the streets. I actually didn't have a drug addiction but it was my way of working the system. I had a blast and was on good terms till I got into transitional housing. Good advice!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads