About Me

BenjiRidesBoxcar

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
There's something in the air tonight, I reach out for you and our hearts collide.

autumn.jpg

[Photo credit to ChelC of Shelton, WA]

i'm ben / benji the dog / cloudy / ragtime

i like smiling, hiking, urban exploring, climbing mountains, cooking, eating chocolate and doing other sorts of fun stuff. i especially like going up the highway to bellingham. it's the city of subdued excitement. i love that town. i like smokin' ciggs with the whatcom kids. sewing up my pants (that are always falling apart). making corny beat box sounds. dumpstering office supplies. freeganism. one day i am gonna make my own music, but until then, i'll just dance to yours.

121copy.jpg

[Photo credit to Katie Kerr of Bellingham, WA]

i like going to parties and meeting new people. singing to the words and tapping my foot to the beat. hopping on trains, with a rucksack at hand. standing beside an on-ramp with my thumb held out. seeing new places, experiencing new things. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i like independent films and have a common fancy for live music. the small little notions mean more to me than the big guns. i am a hopeless romantic.

cracktober.jpg

Burlington Northern Santa Fe Yard
[Bellingham, WA]

beensbeancore2.jpg

Norfolk Southern Yard
[Asheville, NC]

INTERMODALS.jpg

Union Pacific Siding
[Portland, OR]

what is freeganism?

what is squatting?

FAIRTRADE.jpg

the reason i prefer to sew my own clothing is actually a pretty strange one. i don't agree with the morals that the free trade organization exercises. i think that it's a lose/lose situation. it's pretty unfortunate to know that there are millions upon millions of youth overseas who sew clothing for less than a dollar a day. there are little eight year old girls in china using dangerous machinery in perverse and inhumane environments. poor children with broken fingers. then again, if these little fellas didn't have a place to work tomorrow, there would be little kids in china with broken fingers and empty bellies.

seweingyo.jpg

[Photo credit to Megan Greer of Marietta, GA]

this is katie "the g" kerr.

she is part badass, part kick-ass and 100% heroine.

ABOUTME-1.jpg

she rides trains. she's not your average lady. this little paragraph couldn't even begin to hold all of the things that i could say to describe this girl. usually she is the one who makes me think twice. we traveled the country together. we have seen some crazy stuff in our lifetimes. aside from the rest, katie is someone i am very close to. also, thank the washington state ferry system for bringing this friendship to a beginning. crazy how far we have come since then.

bardown.jpg

manette.jpg

anyway, i would like to meet somebody who has an undying love for dancing and going on crazy ramped adventures. someone who enjoys music on a mass scale. someone who can respect delayed gratification. someone who i can share my whispers with. someone who is willing to wait.
someone with a cute smile. someone who can show me affection. someone who will be there through thick and thin. someone to sneak over the fence with. someone who isn't sheltered. someone who is curious. someone who is eager. someone spontaneous. someone unpredictable, yet strangely familiar.

someone i can share the sunset with.

barup.jpg

A Bit More About Me:

dawnskirtstencilcopy.jpg

i like to make stencils. occasionally you'll see them in really obscure places, or at times the most obvious. art crimes are one of my nerdy passions, along with eating massive amounts of ice cream and watching cheezie 80s action films.

i really don't give a fuck about politics. i will never be a political figure. my vote won't do shit. if casting a ballot out changed anything, it would probably be illegal. i hate cops. the judicial system is unjust, corrupt and led by a bunch of idiot hypocrites who just collect taxes in order to pay for their stupid fucking million dollar homes on their oh-so loved waterfront properties. a pig is a pig. cops are punks. judges are dickholes, and county commissioners are just as autistic as the rest of the bunch.

i eat out of the garbage because i believe in minimal consumption. i think its absolutely absurd how much food goes to waste. not only do produce, vegetables, and other perishable foods get dumped, but so do thousands of pounds of prepackaged nourishment. the united states of america makes enough food to feed everyone in the world nine meals per day. Yet companies and the higher-ups who work within them are ignorant, self centered fuckbags who make the general population pay for their surplus. corporate greed is my number one biggest turn off. i have no respect for bill gates. i have no respect for the CEO of starbucks. i could really give a fuck less. for all i care the head of the world trade organization can suck a bag of dicks.

Labea

Reaction score
you ARE a hopeless romantic!

this was interesting, although i wish you'd a fixed the links, but i copy n pasted them.

this is a good forum to have, because when your looking to 'ride board and meet up' we can expect whomever it is to write a bit about themselves.

its nice! and the pictures are great. as well as the ones you posted in the pictures forum.

F

fire_to_pine

a facy for singing, dancing, riding the rails, and excersizing the thumb for simple pleasures and mini adventures. hope u also enjoy the sweet taste of red wine, tales and dancing by a fire, prying open locked doors, counting the roaches that scatter when u light a candle, sneaking into shows, and singing when times are at all time low. i enjoy those who struggle with smiles on their faces. people who gamble they're life to truely live. Creativity surely helps to. id like to cross ur path someday. maybe even join you if you are heading somewhere i havent been.
~~~
MOW

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads