- abortion -

christianarchy

Reaction score
I think overvaluing the nuclear, biological family has lead to this issue. If it were not so important in American culture, then adoption and foster care would be more widely accepted and widely practiced, and there wouldn't be such a stigma on permeanant birth control, which would lead to less unwanted kids.
More people need to get fixed!

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
themossikeepinmypockets.tumblr.com
I'm pretty back and forth on the issue of abortions. Sometimes I'll think about it and feel that it's unethical to terminate what will be a living thing (excluding if the fetus dies naturally in the womb for whatever reason), because I feel like even if the child is going to have health problems or be mutated or have mental problems or whatever, it still deserves love and the chance to survive. Haha some girl might get pregnant with the next Masiah and we'd never know because it was terminated.

I dunno.

I can totally see the other side of the spectrum here. I myself don't go around having sex due to personal moral reasons but I know that doesn't mean that's how everyone is. I get it. Shit happens... condoms break, sometimes the pill isn't always effective (my friend still got his girlfriend pregnant even AFTER the doctor told her she couldn't have children, plus they used a condom AND she was on the pill), and unfortunately rape exists and etc., etc... And there's the whole thing with there being an improper setting for the kid to grow up in and everything. So I dunno, I see both sides. Simply put, I guess how I feel about it is this: If you're going to have sex, be safe, take extra precautions -- don't just rely on the pill or just on a condom because those don't always work --, make sure you're as ready as you can be if something unplanned happens, and if worst comes to worst, get an abortion. But I really think an abortion should be the last on the list of options.

Also, I agree with NickCofphee, there are already way too many kids out there who need good homes and parents. Foster care has its problems. I don't ever want children, at least, that's how I feel now. When I'm older and settled more, maybe. But never my own, I'd choose to adopt. But if people were more careful with sex then I don't think this would be as much of an issue.

Also, I am a big fan of vasectomies. Haha.

MY VIEWS HAVE CHANGED GREATLY SINCE THIS POST JUST LET THIS BE KNOWN
I cringed when I read this and I don't know how to delete it :(

Really??
How so???
Just curious, that's all...

I think it is a healthy thing to do, to re evaluate ones position on serious matters like this.
My own beliefs are that there is nothing worse than a child born into a situation where there is suffering, neglect, or abuse - which more often or not is the case with unwanted children, so I am definately pro abortion. Even adoption centers can bring much sadness as the child wonders why some get picked first while he or she does not.

Same thing with animal shelters. The animals who don't get selected live a very sad existance and can reach a point of no retrun.
This is why I recently went from being for no kill shelters to sort of against them. I know its a cruel thing to say,but to see all those sad faces where their only life is that of living in a crate for months and even years is not ethical either.

Unfortunately, we live in an age today where the young folks refuse to accept that being responsible is an important part of life.
They just want to be kids for life, never grow up, never be responsible or held accountable for their own actions.
They feel life ought to be 100% fun.

Trust me, that aint how it works.

Ultimately, its the womans choice. If I were involved,I would listen to her, offer my own feelings but in the end support whatever decision reached.

And yes, having a kid changes your way of living forever.
Even having a dog prevents me from doing half the stuff I used to do, but I am still happier with the dog as a part of my life.

Having children must be great. I just never got that chance..

Donnie

Reaction score
Some kids would be better off had they never been born.
Sounds horrible to say, I know, but here is an example:

http://mrwilliams.hubpages.com/hub/youngst-serial-killers

Almost 99% of the time, the people who have committed the greatest evils have been through traumatic experiences at the hand of a parent, or guardian.
A lot of people out there are seriously fucked up, then they have kids, and seriously fuck them up. It's a cycle of fucked-uppery.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can say that a lot of people live in horrible situations as kids, and they grow up fine. A few might actually make it out, but think about the countless others who don't. They grow up to become seriously broken/deranged/dangerous people.

We cannot take chances when it comes to children, they are the only hope we have!

I would much rather a kid be saved from all the pain and torture they might receive at the hands of an abusive or neglectful parent, than to live through it and do the same thing to another child.

If that means abortion, then so be it.

Rancho

Reaction score
Ok, I personally don't believe in abortion. I was brought up to believe that if you are woman enough to drop your panties, then you deal with the consequences. I don't care if other women have 49845734 abortions. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't really want kids, but if it ever happened and I think I couldn't take care of a child, like I said in the other thread about having kids, I'd adopt it out. Bc theres tons of people who want them but can't have them. But, back on track, I think at the date of conception, it is still a living person. I also don't believe in using the morning after pill or Plan B either. But, thats just me.. And like Veggieguy said, its a persons own choice. And I think people should have the freedom of doing whatever they want if they get pregnant. People should always have the freedom of choice.
Say it after its happened baby

soapybum

Reaction score
I think people need to stop being so dogmatic about it, happens in the "natural world" all the time. World is over populated anyway, and birth rate needs to go down. People also need to realize that having a child is an economic responsibility as well as a social one. If you cant supply the resources to raise a child you shouldnt have one, so either use the many methods possible and prevent pregnancy or get an abortion if you arent ready to have a child. Unwanted pregnancies shouldnt be an issue but they are cuz to many people are too fucking dogmatic about it... Anyway, thats my 2 cents/rant.

Reactions: Donnie

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads