A place to stay in Paris France...?

sullenmisty

Reaction score
Website
www.mistyamberart.com
I'm heading out to Barcelona Spain for a month, Harar Ethiopia for three months. Then I have the freedom to go somewhere else. I really like Paris last year and would like to return for a week or two. I can afford transportation but am looking for a safe place to crash...? anyone got a tip or a friend interested in hosting??

My name is Misty Boldish. I'm a 27 year old female currently home based in New Orleans, LA, USA. I'll be working as a photographer's assistant in Barcelona, teaching ESL in Ethiopia, and have a multitude of talents including poet, all media artist, and AR skills...

You can see some of my work here:

mistyamberart on Etsy - ~Misty Amber Art~

Artwork - Zorpia: Album - Photo Sharing - Zorpia - Share Photos, Make Friends

Sullen on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

stove

Reaction score
aside from hostels and the like (they run about $20 in Paris), you can sometimes stay at the Shakespear & Co bookstore (right near Notre Dame cathedral). They've got beds upstairs, and frequently allow travelers a place to sleep. Also, you are allowed to camp in most parks in Paris IF you do not set up a tent. If you are harassed by the police, make it clear that you are a foreigner visiting and they will leave you alone. Have you ever used Couchsurfing? There are tons of hosts there, as well as tons of student squats in the city.

When are you thinking you'll be in Paris? Hitching in and out of Paris is also SUPER easy, check hitchwiki for good points to hitch out.

• Useful
Reactions: Ristoncor
M

Mouse

hospitalityclub.org (net? com? one of those)

this is like a couch surfring site specifically for foreign travel.

you've got some cool artwork.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, you are allowed by law to camp down by the rivers and canals. i saw a bunch of tent towns down there and confirmed the rules with the locals.

also, i live in new orleans too! send me a message if ya wanna hang out sometime. i can tell you a bunch of stuff about paris.

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

sullenmisty

Reaction score
Website
www.mistyamberart.com
Sweet! Thank you everyone! My friend in Paris told me about Shakespear & Co bookstore. I attended a writting workshop a friend of mine holds there last year. Cool place. I'm a bit nervous sleeping outside by myself in another country... still debating the pros and cons... I just found a place to crash for a week in London which is cool. Hrmmmm hehehe

sullenmisty

Reaction score
Website
www.mistyamberart.com
So, I've decided I will skip Paris this year and just extend my stop in London for a week. I have a Deaf friend that lives there and said I can stay with him for a week. Should be fun... I havent bought my tickets yet though! I'm waiting until September to do that... Hope the Euro goes down and Flights get cheaper.... :crew:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads