a housie and being ashamed?!

Shulseee

Reaction score
So here is the story. traveled, hitched, hopped, squatted blah blah blah. Then this winter i did something different. I went to Cali and did the harvest and made some good money. I didn't really know where to go after that so i just hitched to my home state and town. I had a good chunk of change so i decided to rent a room. So now i am living in a back room of an apartment. i bought a laptop and a newish banjo. Its cool and all but i really feel like a shit head for getting a place. like im selling out or something..... but then again its kinda nice having a place. i still dumpster my food, but then again i do buy groceries now and then. been living here for about a month and a week. Its weird. i guess i just need to get used to it. Any of you had this problem before?
I'm a cali guy myself, and housing it isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes you just need a place to sleep on the regular. My question for you is this: How's a guy like myself find harvest work? Haven't had any chances out here for harvest, but i would love to do it. It'd be nice to pick up cash like that.

40 Hands

Reaction score
Thats what my friend did for a while pretty much. And then he ran into his ex whom was rubber tramping and their house and car situation was punk as fuck, not what i would do but ya know its whatever they wanna do so fuck it. Either or, swirly got poped in San diego for a PA warrant, needless to say he doesnt have his house anymore :p

jake4569

Reaction score
I have yet to travel or leave the confines of my home.. mainly i just want some decent gear, i want a good tent that dosn't leak water and a decent sleeping roll then i think i'll be off. One of the main reasons i really want to do this is cause i just hate how when i have a job all my taxes go to bombing middle eastern children.. but i mean im just one person and just me not contributing to the IMF isn't gonna stop shit so idk man i can't really say shit cause i never even done this shit before. I just hate contributing to the war machine. Live a life with luxuries but at what cost? Still you gotta do what you gotta do like i said i cant judge caused im housed up

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads