a 5 gal. bucket.

kidbob

Reaction score
I don't how to tag ppl on here but I'd like it noted that last summer when I met Monterey(a member) out in p-cola @ the kaboose...he had a really great idea.other than his standard pack he toted a 5 gal. Bucket with a lid.If I remember he kept his dog food laundry soap and other shit in it.but its a great Idea.u can fill it up and bath u can wash ur cloths.have a seat.make boozze on the go lol.he used it for all kinds of shit.I really underestemated the bucket till I met monterey.

Dmac

Reaction score
Shoestring always carried one, he kept food in it. he had a padded lid for his, so he always had a stool to sit on! stuff stays dry and its a good way to keep animals out of your food, washing yourself or your duds and for many other things. i have seen folks use them as drums too.

Reactions: kidbob

kidbob

Reaction score
It's like an old mans trick or something.I think ppl really underestimate it.

freepizzaforlife

Reaction score
I as well carry a 5 gallon bucket, I have a stand up bass though, so most of my gear is in it. also provides a place for me to sit. even before I had the bass, I played the saw. so I carried it so I always had something to sit on when I played.

Reactions: kidbob

Joni

Reaction score
on that concept... dave canterberry use a small trash can inside his pack as part of a frame for his soft sided canvas packs. i plan on doing this as soon i can find one the right size.

hope this helps...
-joni

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac and kidbob

dubh

Reaction score
Website
feirmeoirsonrai.me
whenever I am travelling I always have a 5gal. bucket: a. it's a seat for when I am busking with my djembe b. it's water proof in case of heavy rains for sleeping bag(s). c. you can put a trashbag in it and take a poop anywhere (wrapping in blanket for privacy is optional). d. you can do your laundry in it as previously mentioned (water source not included)

pic: bucket with manual washer

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_113304.jpg
    IMG_20180430_113304.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 288

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads