Dillinger

Reaction score
5 minute tattoo gun

-Pull out the eraser from a Bic mechanical pencil
-Cut the eraser in half
-Put a hole through the center of hte eraser
-Cut the peice of an 11 gauge guitar string 2-3 inches long
-Get a Crest Spinbrush Toothbrust Pro and twist off the end
-Bend the very very end of the guitar string at a 90 degree angel (doesnt have to be any longer than a CM
-Put the guitar string through the eraser so the bent part is against the eraser
-Place eraser/string in the toothbrush frimly (it'll be obvious how to do it)
-Take the top of the mechanicle pencil and put it through the guitar string on hte tooth brush, tape it shut straight
-Cut hte guitar string at a sharp point and so it comes out when you turn the toothbrush on
^_^

Dillinger

Reaction score
5 minute tattoo gun

Yeah, I've done 6 tattooes with the dot meathod and one with the gun. The gun method made it thicker but i have nothing against the needle way. All of them look very good and even better if you get a friend to do it. So ither way works perfectly fine in my opinon/experiance. =)

O

ogre

anyone try this? i cant get the eraser to stay in. i tried super glue but i cant get it on the metal piece only. any suggestions i got enough to work with(the toothbrushes are free at pathmark if u didnt know)

O

Octagut13

I've actually been using this for a while. It works pretty damn well.

The eraser should fit in pretty snug with the guitar string and all, just don't make the hole too big. I'm not really sure what your problem is but crest spinbrushes work. You just have to use a lot of electrical tape. Good luck!

C

C(A)RM(E)N

Me & my friend made this. Worked awesome. But first we tried using pen ink, then we used black hair dye and it worked pretty good but it stains skin so ya, what kindof ink does anyone reccomend?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i think india/indian(?) ink is the only one you can really use that will last.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
most art supply stores will definitely have it

Dillinger

Reaction score
India*

and indeed, most art supply stores deff have it but if you want it in any other colour than blue or black you should probably order some off the internet or from even a tattoo magazine.

and... it deff lasts. haha

P

punkkus

Calligraphy ink works as well. I've done my tattoos with a needle/safety pin. Slash and pour works too. just make a cut and rub some ink in, it'll heal with ink intact. I'm gonna try this crest tooth brush method out too. cool link.

Labea

Reaction score
im not too sure about idiot proof...

so i made one and am having trouble with the sharpness of the guitar string, so does anyone have a preference when it comes to the size of guitar string? i was wondering if superglue-ing a sewing needle to the metal thing inside would work better, but im not quite sure what to do to make it more effective.

Dillinger

Reaction score
.016 gauge "e" string

and yeah.
If it were me making the gun. I'd probably try to do the needle, but once you're done (obviously) make sure its a good idea to start scaring yourself with something that could be unstable, Tis' only super glue. =)

Labea

Reaction score
Dillinger said:
.016 gauge "e" string

and yeah.
If it were me making the gun. I'd probably try to do the needle, but once you're done (obviously) make sure its a good idea to start scaring yourself with something that could be unstable, Tis' only super glue. =)

what about CrAzY glue? haha... yeah i probably used too thick of a guitar string, ill check it out. thanks =D

M

MC_Cripple

a friend and i made one of these a while ago. it has its problems. throws ink everywhere the e string just bends like hell and it cant ever make a straight line.tried tattoing a triforce on my arm just a triangle scar now. but hey dont let this discourage you from making one it would be pretty fuckin awesome to have one that works better than mine did. imma stickin to stick n pokes

p.s. india ink you can get at hobby lobby, they have no cameras except for ones up front (where i live anyway)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads