3 junkies and a cop

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Prove me wrong bro. Sounds like I a hit a cord. Sorry I don't like your story about shooting up. I've lost a lot of good friends to that shit and I find nothing positive or funny about your story. Just kinda seemed sad to me...

I know people that are doing positive and productive things with their lives but they still struggle with relapse from time to time. Never is someone a winner or a loser, it's personal choice and how they handle the outcome of the experience that determines their character. So take it easy on slimJack man...he was just sharing a story.

slimJack

Reaction score
Prove me wrong bro. Sounds like I a hit a cord. Sorry I don't like your story about shooting up. I've lost a lot of good friends to that shit and I find nothing positive or funny about your story. Just kinda seemed sad to me...
ok then, I'll give you some advice to avoid negativity all together. If you don't agree with something or personally find it sad,etc.. move on to the next story until u find one u like and lend out some positivity instead of spreading that negative shit.. I may use junk but I guarantee I'm not a ngative person.. and in my book , and I'm sure quite a few othrs, negative mfs like u are the losers. And btw u did strike a cord.. the "i hate simple minded, egotistical, judge a book by its cover, people" cord.

slimJack

Reaction score
I'm being the preachy one?
And the title clearly says the wotd junky which means u knew there was a big chance 'shooting up' would be somewhere in the parade, so y even read it if u knew u disnt like stories of the junky kind and u werent gonna enjoy it and find it sad? u may need help my friend.

D

Deleted member 20

I read the story start to finish. I dont agree with heroin use but get how powerfull it is. Potentially Beegood & others fealt that the story romanticizes iv drug use. Perhaps he could have had kinder words & some compasion. I realize it was told as a first person story. It has a happy ending from a users point of view. A slap on the wrist, No arrest & even a lil drugs left at the end. There isnt ever much of real happiness chasing a needle. Who knows? Had 1 of you 3 instead got caught, hitting rock bottom & bennefiting from the treatment. The happy ending would be shared by all. The story is short. It doesnt mention if the driver ods the next day, goes to jail for stabbing a dealer next week or how you have been clean since.

I do like that the comments maybe have made us all question our own addictions. Especially the comparison to alcohol. We shouldnt judge but its natural to think junk is so much worse than our legal booze. Its like the many hooked on oxys that havent touched h yet. They still think its ok because Drs & pharmacies prescribe em. Truth is its just a matter of time before rx opiodes turn to black tar.

I hope you find your way in life without that shit destroying everything.

slimJack

Reaction score
Understood.. But yea, believe it or not, I myself don't agree with, nor condone heroin use. Most ppl I know, users and non users, don't agree with it. That may confuse you but it is the truth. I do apologize if someone read this out of context and felt that it was romanticizing-which weren't my intentions. I thought it was focused more on 'the standoff' between 3 kids and cop, hence the title, rather than having fun shooting dope in our arms..I see what you're saying about the 'happy ending', but I figured since the majority of folk on stp have had run-ins with cops, I would say, holistically, it was a happy ending, not just from a user's point of view. I'm sure everyone here enjoys hearing about their fellow man getting a 'slap on the wrist' as opposed to a trip to the county jail with felonious accusations and imminent prison time.. the story was meant to be short.. it ended with us and the cop going our seperate ways.. now if the title would've been something like, '24 hours with 3 junkies', I probably would've delved more into the things u just mentioned i.e. how I've been since,etc..
Yup I've seen a few ppl who feel that since the doc' prescribes them oxy, vicodin, etc, its not as 'bad' as a heroin addiction but that's actually where a lot H users came from. You're right and it is only a matter of time before docs start to slang H.. there are actually pharmaceutical opiods out there 10 times more potent than actual heroin..
but yea thanks for your input buddy and I actually have started on a suboxone maintenance, today will be day 3 away from using heroin
I read the story start to finish. I dont agree with heroin use but get how powerfull it is. Potentially Beegood & others fealt that the story romanticizes iv drug use. Perhaps he could have had kinder words & some compasion. I realize it was told as a first person story. It has a happy ending from a users point of view. A slap on the wrist, No arrest & even a lil drugs left at the end. There isnt ever much of real happiness chasing a needle. Who knows? Had 1 of you 3 instead got caught, hitting rock bottom & bennefiting from the treatment. The happy ending would be shared by all. The story is short. It doesnt mention if the driver ods the next day, goes to jail for stabbing a dealer next week or how you have been clean since.

I do like that the comments maybe have made us all question our own addictions. Especially the comparison to alcohol. We shouldnt judge but its natural to think junk is so much worse than our legal booze. Its like the many hooked on oxys that havent touched h yet. They still think its ok because Drs & pharmacies prescribe em. Truth is its just a matter of time before rx opiodes turn to black tar.

I hope you find your way in life without that shit destroying everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoctorApocalypse
D

Deleted member 20

Cool man. Good luck & glad to hear that. I have seen mixed results with sub strips. Here with many junkies commercial fisherman that got to be offshore for many days to weeks, many use/trade/sell suboxin just to function as a working junkie. Some just sell to get more cash for H. Methadone is the same way. I have also seen friends stick with it & get 100% clean

slimJack

Reaction score
Cool man. Good luck & glad to hear that. I have seen mixed results with sub strips. Here with many junkies commercial fisherman that got to be offshore for many days to weeks, many use/trade/sell suboxin just to function as a working junkie. Some just sell to get more cash for H. Methadone is the same way. I have also seen friends stick with it & get 100% clean

Yea, I've actually taken it before when I was a few years younger and not ready to really leave dope for good.. its really up to the person, if they r gonna kick that monkey or just keep spiraling toward destruction.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Really not trying to start shit with anybody here. I was just trying to make a joke and point out that dope is a slippery slope. One that it sounds like your slipping on a bit. Normally I just keep my mouth shut, but heroin is making a big come back these days (this last year was bad) and it disturbs me how normalized its becoming in our culture. I saw your story as a sign of that normalization. The comments that came after it only seemed to add to that vibe of "oh, everyone does it and its not a big deal." so I made a little joke as a reminder that dope, is, in fact, as we've all agreed, no joke.

Believe me, if I was really intent on bumin ya'll out you'd know it.

Reactions: slimJack

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah the heroin sucks, but people are people and we all make mistakes and hopefully learn to climb out of it.

I got some positive advice from my own experiences with addictions: arm yourself to the teeth.

-You can't stop an addiction by focusing on not doing it, because then you're focused on IT. When you decide to stop, arm yourself with other things to do. Rather on focusing on 'what not to do' ::banghead::, focus on 'what to do' ::woot::
-Recognize triggers. If you recognize triggers that bring cravings to surface, you can devise ways to combat them. ::doctor::
-Research psychology, drug dependency, addiction, whatever helps you understand your own addiction more. ::bookworm::
-Pick up hobbies (old ones especially): guitar, drums, trumpet, skateboard, BMX, roller blades, cutting firewood, throwing axes, writing, reading (read anyways, it helps you focus and learn and imagine), soccer, basketball, football, tennis, whatever you wanna do, do it. Some things are more easily accessible than other things ::fuckinginbed::...
-Get away from other users, find a farm and work for a campspot for a while ::chicken::, camp in the woods and learn to survive::eyepatch::, something, anything, just get away from them and that will get rid of a HUGE part of the temptation.
-Learn to accept the substance for what it is. It's not good, it's not bad, it's unwholesome and causes the mind/body to feel sensations and the sensations themselves are the biggest trigger for craving. ::drinkingbuddy::
-When you're feeling a craving, accept it, but don't give in to it. If you fight it, you're giving it power over you "NOOO!! Anything but a craving! Okay! I'll give in to make this craving stop!" ::banghead:: this doesn't work because the cravings are strongest during substance use and they diminish with time after use.
-Know that as time goes by, the power that cravings have over you gets weaker and weaker. ::nailbiting:: It can feel like suffering to have a strong craving, but if you give it some time, it'll go away. The next time it comes back it could be more strong, but it could be weaker. If something is causing a craving, get away from that trigger and turn to a hobby ::headphones::, the craving will lose strength.
-You can't use one or two tips to justify stopping an addiction, you gotta arm yourself with everything you got. Get creative, you're smart, I see this in the way you writing and the thought process you convey. You got this. ::photogenic::
-If you feel lonely and/or depressed :(, reach out to somebody. You've got a community here. Even though there are some people who can't think past their own agenda and they might get in your way, stay patient. You'll find the support that you need if you look for it.
-Don't brag about it to other people, bragging is rude ::soapbox::. Once I was like "I quit alcohol" and an alcoholic almost kicked my ass ::blackeye::. Another time, I was like "I quit cigs" and a smoker was like "filthy quitter".

Get a drum and a skateboard and a really good book and a yoyo and whatever else you want to use as props for your salvation. Be smart and creative and courageous and find your own path to quit. Don't focus on the life you don't want to live, focus on the life you want to live. Find out what you want to do and exhaust every resource you've got to find out how you can do those things. You have the potential to do anything you want to do, so you got this.

Here's an inspirational video.

Reactions: slimJack and Odin

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh, and a couple more things.

-If stopping forever seems overwhelming, focus on just getting through today. When tomorrow comes, you can deal with that.
-Relapsing is when you go back to your old pattern of consumption. If you've quit, and you use again, don't let that justify more usage. If you want to quit for good, you gotta keep at it. Don't get upset at yourself falling to temptation, that happens. Liberation from addiction comes from keeping at it constantly. This doesn't mean you have to focus on not doing it. It means that you remind yourself of the reasons why not to do it. If you give in, try to learn something from that so you can be stronger in the future.

Reactions: slimJack

shabti

Reaction score
I liked this story. Weighing in (and attempting not to sound redundant) on the topic of addiction: I've got some quotes.

Found myself back in the county jail, recognized one of my cellies from a previous charge. "Hey man, didn't you get out before me last time? What happened?"

I'll skip the long dope horror story. Trying not to sound like a pompous asshole, I asked him what it felt like, that it was so hard to quit.

"Better than having sex with God. Don't ever do it man."

And from this MORNING in fact, a friend of mine were discussing it. He said he'd tried it once.

"It was too good. There shouldn't be anything in existence that makes a person feel that good. There is no way to naturally reproduce that. Man, I tried it once. ONCE. Never again bro. I liked it WAY too much."

I was an ardent pothead. Tried coke a few times, preferred pot. Tried Meth twice, preferred pot. Tried Molly's with my ex-boyfriend once, what a fucking joke of a drug. I'm determined to sample them all before I die, but I'll definitely try Heroin last.

Tony

Reaction score
Your story had me pinned to the screen, good stuff...

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The only drug I ever wish to do is not a drug... its a flower its a giver... my maiden fair Mary Maid Jane.

unfortunately I'm socially awkward.... ... need a life line.... any 420 friendly females out there... :(

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Well written story man. I felt the suspense. Good luck to you with kickin' that habit. Only ever snorted it, but some buddies of mine have really destroyed their lives from using it. I mean shit...hadn't seen my one buddy in years. Dude doesn't even remember who I am...the drug took over his mind.

I'm sure you'll get it under control. Good luck dude. Keep writing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads