3,500+ miles into a bicycle tour | Squat the Planet

3,500+ miles into a bicycle tour

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
I left eugene Oregon on August 5th. I went to Seattle, then started heading east. Missoula, Idaho falls, salt lake city, moab, grand junction, boulder, then rode through Kansas and Missouri, now I am in Kentucky. I'm going to post pictures soon, once i figure out how. I was locked out of this account for a minute. So far my plan is to head to Louisville, then head to Athens Ohio, then begin heading south. If you want to hang or help me out or whatever drop me a line. My instagram is @bodybuiltbydumpsterss.

I've done this mostly without money, however a lot of people have kicked me down more than I have ever gotten on the road.

I eat pretty much only out of dumpsters and I eat roadkill. I squat, sleep under bridges, and couch surf (I know a shit ton of people everywhere, I've been a lot of places, and I'm good at making friends)

I'll post pictures and all that pretty soon.

Any and all comrades, hit me up if you are also bike traveling. For reference, I usually ride about 60 miles a day, but sometimes I do more. 145 is the most I've done so far.

It's been good, I'll make more posts pretty soon.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I left eugene Oregon on August 5th. I went to Seattle, then started heading east. Missoula, Idaho falls, salt lake city, moab, grand junction, boulder, then rode through Kansas and Missouri, now I am in Kentucky. I'm going to post pictures soon, once i figure out how. I was locked out of this account for a minute. So far my plan is to head to Louisville, then head to Athens Ohio, then begin heading south. If you want to hang or help me out or whatever drop me a line. My instagram is @bodybuiltbydumpsterss.

I've done this mostly without money, however a lot of people have kicked me down more than I have ever gotten on the road.

I eat pretty much only out of dumpsters and I eat roadkill. I squat, sleep under bridges, and couch surf (I know a shit ton of people everywhere, I've been a lot of places, and I'm good at making friends)

I'll post pictures and all that pretty soon.

Any and all comrades, hit me up if you are also bike traveling. For reference, I usually ride about 60 miles a day, but sometimes I do more. 145 is the most I've done so far.

It's been good, I'll make more posts pretty soon.
Great!!! Keep us updated! Have you had any encounters with dogs? Do you carry any dog repellent? Just wondering. I'm working on my future bike ride.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the update - also I like your instagram name :)

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
Dogs have not been a problem. When a dog runs at you, if you stop, they Will stop. They are predatory animals. Meaning, they like chasing, not defending. I've ridden across the state of Kentucky six times in my life. This state has reputation for having more mean dogs thAn any other state. All you gotta do is stop, and they won't bite us, 9 times outta 10. I do care a stick I could wack people or dogs with though

croc

Reaction score
Yo, glad you're back on! See u in the southland c:

jimi

Reaction score
Hell yeah Scav we miss you and are following your travels over here! Glad you're having fun!

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dogs have not been a problem. When a dog runs at you, if you stop, they Will stop. They are predatory animals. Meaning, they like chasing, not defending. I've ridden across the state of Kentucky six times in my life. This state has reputation for having more mean dogs thAn any other state. All you gotta do is stop, and they won't bite us, 9 times outta 10. I do care a stick I could wack people or dogs with though
Thank you! BTW I like the pictures!

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Damn encouraging, I wanna go across the country on my bike as well. Just waiting on things to line up. Maybe this winter take the southern route east.
Will follow this .keep posting.
I haven't had a dog uphill but a couple downhill. I just laugh . One followed me a long ways. I hope he can find way home. I'll remember the just stop thing for when the dogs catch me one day going uphill.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Oh wait. Do you catch crap from people on your bike in out east. Cops nicer to you on bike?
This one reason why I wanna go across on bike. Some places hitchhiking can get weird or mean . But on my bike so far out west only people are a lot nicer. Even when I'm found packing up camp on private property. I'm not a bum . Well I am. But they don't approach me as much on bike like that .
Same across the country?

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

THE REAL SCAVENGER

Reaction score
Yeah I have had cops harass me in Kansas, Colorado, Missouri and Kentucky. Almost every day in Kansas. Not so much out west. I always ask them “why did you stop me, what laws I breaking,” and I usually don’t give them my dead name. Am I being searched and I being detained alright see ya the fuck later

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads