2018 Jamboree - 2018 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Main Discussion | Squat the Planet

2018 Jamboree 2018 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Main Discussion

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2018 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, so it's time to start thinking about this year's jamboree and what we'd all like to see happen this year.

Propose ideas, etc, and let's get the ball rolling on organizing this event!

D

Deleted member 20240

Want to be there. As a newbie, pretty useless, as far as ideas are concerned. Let me know if thiers any way on gods green earth I can make myself useful though!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Want to be there. As a newbie, pretty useless, as far as ideas are concerned. Let me know if thiers any way on gods green earth I can make myself useful though!

we'll definitely need volunteers to help setup/tear down anything we end up doing!

in previous years we had people play music, had an open bar, and the story telling night went really well, so i think we should include those things :)

also probably the obligatory exploring the slabs, going to the hotsprings, maybe a we could mob the slab city golf course?

D

Deleted member 20240

Ha! There's a golf course. Just looked at the video. Thats rad. Im down. The last time I played was 2 years ago at a tournament, in a retirement community . Also the last time I shroomed. HILARIOUS!

Count me in for volunteering. I'll do whatever I can to be there to help.

Last edited:

croc

Reaction score
Yoooo, i cannot fucking wait!! I convinced a good friend to set her wedding for November so I could go to both that and jambo LOL
@Koala and I want to volunteer for set up!
If there are other travelers who like to do stand up, an open mic could be fun

Reactions: Koala

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Still happening at slabs? I heard corn left the library or something? Does that change anything?
Corn may no longer run things at the library but it is now in the hands of Andrew, @VikingAdventurer , so to answer your question, no, it doesn't change anything.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
we'll definitely need volunteers to help setup/tear down anything we end up doing!

in previous years we had people play music, had an open bar, and the story telling night went really well, so i think we should include those things :)

also probably the obligatory exploring the slabs, going to the hotsprings, maybe a we could mob the slab city golf course?
I'll be there early to set up shop and get the jambo running. Glad youre thinking about doing it later. 2 years ago was ridiculously hot

D

Deleted member 22054

Im not going to be able to come. But im curious. If i sent @Matt Derrick 10-20 large jars of vegemite and a 6 pack or two of assorted aussie beer. Could you guys have a vegemite eating contest? The person who finishes their jar of vegemite first gets the 6 pack of beer? Of course it would have to be filmed so id be able to see it haha
235px-Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Im not going to be able to come. But im curious. If i sent @Matt Derrick 10-20 large jars of vegemite and a 6 pack or two of assorted aussie beer. Could you guys have a vegemite eating contest? The person who finishes their jar of vegemite first gets the 6 pack of beer? Of course it would have to be filmed so id be able to see it haha View attachment 43636
I think this is entirely doable and I am all about it.

D

Deleted member 22054

Id cover all the costs of the vegemite, beer and the shipping costs. But for me to actually get there isnt going to happen sadly.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Im not going to be able to come. But im curious. If i sent @Matt Derrick 10-20 large jars of vegemite and a 6 pack or two of assorted aussie beer. Could you guys have a vegemite eating contest? The person who finishes their jar of vegemite first gets the 6 pack of beer? Of course it would have to be filmed so id be able to see it haha View attachment 43636
Is vegemite like marmite at all?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
As usual, were going to need folks to help haul out trash, keep the kitchen tidy and pick up in general. Everyone can help with keeping watch over the space and looking out for each other in the desert heat.

Reactions: Jerrell

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Can you change it to 10 to 20 six packs of beer and 6 jars of vegemite @Sole Survivor? 6 jars would be PLENTY!! Even for a contest. Coopers Sparkling Ale would be a crowd favorite I reckon.

And yes it's like marmite. Pretty much identical.

Reactions: Shwhiskey Gumimaci
D

Deleted member 22054

Can you change it to 10 to 20 six packs of beer and 6 jars of vegemite @Sole Survivor? 6 jars would be PLENTY!! Even for a contest. Coopers Sparkling Ale would be a crowd favorite I reckon.

And yes it's like marmite. Pretty much identical.

Exactly how rich do you think i am??? Back 3 years ago and on your first trip to australia i had australia's most beat up and dilapidated suburu. If you remember the heater core went when leaving the pub. (That was that funny smell we were smelling) and things gradually got worse... Yes i now own a late model toyota hilux ute. And it is reliable as fuck. Turn key and go. And service it occasionly BUT its only a poverty pack trim level, 2wd, thirsty petrol engined ute. No 4x4, mid level or top of the range trim pack, or fuel efficient turbo diesel engine. (All of that would have been another 10-20 grand more) And its under finance as well. Which means i gotta make payments. Dont be greedy.

D

Deleted member 22054

With being said i can do a six pack of coopers if you think that would be well received. Im not much of a beer drinker. I was originaly thinking 6 different cans of aussie beers, like: VB, XXXX gold, Tooheys extra dry, Carlton Dry etc. Failing that a bottle of bunderberg rum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads