2017 Jamboree - 2017 Jamboree ride board | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2017 Jamboree 2017 Jamboree ride board

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Lilies

Reaction score
I'm in LA, no vehicle, Hollywood / Los Feliz area.

I can buy a gas can for you vehicle and I to use in exchange for a ride.

I am hoping for a ride back toward CA or to Las Vegas, aiming for Redding California.
I can pick you up. Might go east bound to grab a few other folks if you're cool with the detour. I can also drop you back after. Pm me and we'll talk

Reactions: Matt Derrick

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alright, fucks- I mean, folks. Here's my deal:

I'm currently in Socorro, NM, heading west along highway 60. My road dog Roger AKA Fat Bastard, my fur dog AKA Krush, and I are in an old-ass bus big enough to fit as many as can meet up with us, as long as you can contribute to the journey via gas jugging, spanging, pitch, rich parents, etc. I really don't give a single flying fuck at this point.

Here's the catch: the bus is having some MAJOR mechanical issues, which might cause us to be a day late to the Jambo. These issues are also the reason we're taking highway 60 West rather than I-10 or I-40. We can't go "highway speeds" just yet.

We might have to stay here in Socorro for up to another 2 days, waiting for a crucial part that we'll be ordering tomorrow.

I will post updates of where we're gonna be and when, once we're operational again, and if any of you weirdos are able to meet up with us, we'll gladly give ya a ride to the Slabs. No scheduled rides out yet, because I plan on staying there for a bit.

Safe Travels, and I hope to see y'all at the Jambo.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

VanScribed Goat

Reaction score
I'm hitching out I-10W just outside of west San Antonio tomorrow after I can find a ride to the spot. Anyone coming through I can ride with? No needles or bugs in this pack, coming straight out of a house with a small child :p

Multifaceted

Reaction score
Arriving in San Francisco tonight. If anyone is going through with two seats let me know!

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
UPDATE:

The mechanical problems with the bus are still continuing, even after we replaced the part we had ordered.

We're still attempting to do some troubleshooting, but unfortunately for now, I must withdraw my offer for rides, as it looks like my crew & I might not make it to the Slabs in time for the Jambo at all.

I'm still working as hard and much as I can to fix the problems, and my destination IS still Slab City, but at this exact moment, I have absolutely no idea how long it'll take me to get there.

I'm *almost* at the point where I just wanna drop a lit road flare into the gas tank of this fuckin' thing.

LostPirate

Reaction score
Anna and I are very slowly going down the 101 to los angeles (currently in eureka). Going to wasteland weekend (California city) then the jambo. Down to pick anyone along that path, we're in an RV...
Me and my roaddog and our two girl dogs are in SF trying to make it down there. IDK where California City is in relation to the bay area hopefully it's on the way tho

Multifaceted

Reaction score
If anyone is passing through San Diego today keep a look out for KriminalMisfit and I hitching!

A

AlwaysLost

UPDATE:

The mechanical problems with the bus are still continuing, even after we replaced the part we had ordered.

We're still attempting to do some troubleshooting, but unfortunately for now, I must withdraw my offer for rides, as it looks like my crew & I might not make it to the Slabs in time for the Jambo at all.

I'm still working as hard and much as I can to fix the problems, and my destination IS still Slab City, but at this exact moment, I have absolutely no idea how long it'll take me to get there.

I'm *almost* at the point where I just wanna drop a lit road flare into the gas tank of this fuckin' thing.

Sorry man...Viking Funeral for the Bus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads