2017 Jamboree ride board (1 Viewer)

D

deleted user

I deleted myself
Doesn't seem anyone made this thread yet, i guess I'll start it.

was wondering if anyone would be driving threw Atlanta or surrounding area for the jamboree.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I am in Tucson looking for a lift for 2 packs (50 Lt and 30 Lt) and me i can leave on 9th or 10th of Oct if anyone is on the way through i got 35-50 bucks for gas to get the slabs. I am a chill co pilot, i love dogs n cats (ferrets are still better) I can act sing beg and salvage.

sooooo pm meh teh 411 k.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Anna and I are very slowly going down the 101 to los angeles (currently in eureka). Going to wasteland weekend (California city) then the jambo. Down to pick anyone along that path, we're in an RV...

D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I am in Tucson looking for a lift for 2 packs (50 Lt and 30 Lt) and me i can leave on 9th or 10th of Oct if anyone is on the way through i got 35-50 bucks for gas to get the slabs. I am a chill co pilot, i love dogs n cats (ferrets are still better) I can act sing beg and salvage.

sooooo pm meh teh 411 k.

I have a friend in Tucson who might be going, if he does I'll pass this along for ya

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Website
www.youtube.com
Assuming I can get my currently insane vehicle situation under control, I'm willing to give a ride to as many folks as will fit in my vehicle.

I'm currently in TX, but if things go how I hope, I'll be swooping down to GA to pick up some peeps, and head to the Slabs from there.

Like I said, I just gotta get this madness back under my own control first, and then IT'S ON.

daydreamer

Pilgrim
I'm in Virginia and I really really wanna go but I gotta see what my mechanic says tomorrow (van's in the shop right now). If the repair isn't too ridiculous and he thinks it's roadworthy then I'm ready to take as many folks that will fit. It's an extended cargo van, soooo, that'd be quite a few peeps, heh.

EphemeralStick

The Guay Agenda
I'll be leaving from the L.A. area more than likely. However, I'll be getting there a week or more before the Jamboree. I have enough room in my van for about four people comfortably.

Edit: Okay since it would be silly of me to drive people out there three weeks or so early, i instead am willing to make a run out to San Diego or L.A. to pick up anyone who needs a ride before the Jamboree. PM if you're interested

Last edited:

MTFZX

Im in Missouri along I70. Been trying to hitch rides but its been slow goin lol. If anybody takes this path and wouldnt mind pickin a homie up, thatd be grand. Worried im not gonna make it in time honestly with the way things have been going.

tootall

I'm in Virginia and I really really wanna go but I gotta see what my mechanic says tomorrow (van's in the shop right now). If the repair isn't too ridiculous and he thinks it's roadworthy then I'm ready to take as many folks that will fit. It's an extended cargo van, soooo, that'd be quite a few peeps, heh.

if things get going good for ya id love to catch a ride. I'm close to you too, pm'n ya

aboveme

Lurker
Anna and I are very slowly going down the 101 to los angeles (currently in eureka). Going to wasteland weekend (California city) then the jambo. Down to pick anyone along that path, we're in an RV...
I am in san francisco bay but can meet in riverside for rideshare to slab city, ca for squattheplanet fest . Or I rent car in southern cali

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I am in san francisco bay but can meet in riverside for rideshare to slab city, ca for squattheplanet fest . Or I rent car in southern cali

We are already in Slab City, decided to come down early and visit friends. We'll be making a trip out to California City in 2-3 days then out to San Diego from the slabs around Oct 15th or so to pick up a friend from the airport. So if anyone needs a ride to the slabs in those areas let me know.

Z

zBzz

I deleted myself
We are already in Slab City, decided to come down early and visit friends. We'll be making a trip out to California City in 2-3 days then out to San Diego from the slabs around Oct 15th or so to pick up a friend from the airport. So if anyone needs a ride to the slabs in those areas let me know.
I was planning on being in San Diego around that date to make my way to the Jamboree. That ride could possibly be awesome, though my plans are not 100% so don't wait up for me or anything. Just lemme know if you still have a free seat when the date swings around. :)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm going to be headed down from Flagstaff>Phoenix>Blythe a few days beforehand, I have room for one.

LeeenPocket

Wanderer
We're in Sacramento and have some extra room if you can pitch for gas or jug. We do have a cat though. Whom former travel companions have described as "exceptionally rude". So....plan accordingly. Lol

watdots

Lurker
In central IL (2 1/2 hrs. south of Chicago). Anybody heading across the midwest and willing to pick a person up? Have funds for gas, food, booze, etc. 2 light bags and a saw. If not, anybody know of a good way to greyhound to Slab? Worried that I won't make it in time companionless and hitching

*edited- if I can make it to San diego, would I be able to catch a ride?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.