Zombie Apocalypse Tips and Tools

trash diver

Reaction score
I think survival method depends on way too much. That's why I have a very general survival plan that has been made up based on whatever could possibly happen (zombies, natural disaster, other attack), where I might be at a time where something might happen and the best places to get to depending on what happens. I think the best solution for most disaster is to find a sail boat.

Even though you didn't ask this I'm gonna talk about it anyway....I don't think the movie type of zombie apocalypse will happen but I do think the chances of some freak disease outbreak...like an extreme form of rabies...which would cause zombie-like symptoms (extreme violence and psychosis) is very possible.
There are certain types of parasite that invade the brain.but i have only heard of them in non-human speices. Also,during secret military experiments,it was found that watching repeats of the show '' Hee Haw'' can cause these same symptoms. :D

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
if there is some sort of zombie outbreak happens i plan to have a few light weight guns with plenty of ammo, a machete, a few knives, and stuff to make traps. im not going to walmart because i think everyone and their mothers will go there in a panic. Having friends with you can be a big help and a big down fall. It would suck if your friend went crazy and you had to kill him. the Alaska idea is a good one because most zombie theories think they cant survive cold weather. A well trained dog would be able to help. It all depends on where you are and how bad the outbreak is. in my opinion if your in a major city when it happens your screwed.

trash diver

Reaction score
A zombie trap would probabaly be very effective, it would'nt even have to be camoflaged.

Ramen Tamer

Reaction score
A trap? Hadn't really though about that.
Pit traps would be effective. You wouldn't even need to kill them. Just let them keep on rotting down there. The problem there is the amount of time required to dig a proper trench.

Snares would work, but they'd only grab one zombie at a time.

How about Zombie Paper? That works brilliantly.

Reactions: trash diver

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
A trap? Hadn't really though about that.
Pit traps would be effective. You wouldn't even need to kill them. Just let them keep on rotting down there. The problem there is the amount of time required to dig a proper trench.

Snares would work, but they'd only grab one zombie at a time.

How about Zombie Paper? That works brilliantly.

i was thinking more along the lines of making traps around a place i would be in for a while. only thing i can see going wrong with this is getting caught in one myself if i had too many. or one of my drunk friends getting trapped.

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
Sailboats aren't a bad place to start. But you'd still need to find a source of fresh water, quickly. The ocean will keep you safe from most disasters, except malnutrition, dehydration and tsunamis.

Yeah you would def need to be prepared but it would get you away from danger so you could make a better plan with more specific circumstances. But then you might have to worry about zombie dolphins or sharks.. A boat can save your life in a Tsunami though...I mean if you are already far away from the coast when it happens, you should be ok.

I don't think the movie type of zombie apocalypse could happen, either. But, it is a fun critical thinking exercise, yeah?

Oh yes, wasn't trying to ruin the fun or anything lol. I've seriously been paranoid over some freak outbreak. Especially because of all the shit about GMOs lately. All the unnatural food people eat could cause a lot of unnatural problems.

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
A lot depends on where you are and if they are fast or slow. I'd use traps a lot, as in for the slow ones I would make a noose with strong tripwire and tie one end to something like a telephone pole, maybe 5 or 6 and if there's a crowd I could go and lasso it over the neck of the first ones in the group out of grabbing distance, and then go to the next pole and so on until I could deal with them single handedly and then come back to the lassoed zombies if they haven't managed to saw their own neck off. For the fast ones I would have a trap which would require you to throw a lever so you can time it to catch them, maybe with a diagram spraypainted on the ground/walls, so it's obvious how it works under stress. In an urban situation, it would be fun to have a zipline, so you could get a big crowd to follow you up a building and see what happens when you zipline off the roof to another one. Zombie lemmings.

Either way, I would like a sword, it may not be able to kill them all that well, but I can cut tendons and zombies are a lot less formidable if they can't grab you. The maul/axe is for finishing the crawlers off. Guns are more protection against crazy people.

Reactions: Puckett

jake4569

Reaction score
zombies are one of my worst fears, not to sound like a bitch. Honestly though id take a shortcut and just make a abstract painting of my brains all over my ceiling, go michelangelo on that bitch..

trash diver

Reaction score
What about foo gas. not joking here.In vietnam they used to rig 55 gallon barrels of napalm with a small explosive charge.Very useful against large scale assaults on a static perimeter.

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_lrnb4vHgkE1r279ffo1_500.jpg

Reactions: trash diver

Shulseee

Reaction score
My game plan would be to hop a train to florida if possible, because decay works hella fast in humid swamp areas. Then I'd go into the nearest wal mart, or other big superstore that carried rifles and ammo with all my travel road dogs. We'd walk in and take the store hostage, lock it down right away. If anyone in the store wanted to leave, i'd send 'em packing to deal with the infection however they saw fit. We'd set up patrols, and some form of schedule to make sure everyone knew what their job was. Search everyone to make sure there aren't any infected inside, then post up on the roof in shifts to thin out any undead floods that came our way. Best case scenario: we kill the undead, and let Florida's harsh environment speed along their decay. Worst case: We'd still have a fair chance at survival for at least a year.

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
i would probably die during a zombie apocalypse, cause ill i would have is a bow and arrow set, a fishing rod, and a guitar, maybe i could sing them a lullaby and theyll fall asleep . . . just a thought, hmm . . . you know consider the subject at hand i think its time i rethought my gear . . .

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads