Zippo Hand Warmer | Squat the Planet

Zippo Hand Warmer

Preacher

Reaction score
1_1025148_FS.JPG

Picked one up very cheaply brand new. What's been anybody's experience with them?

Dmac

Reaction score
I have 2 cheap ones. They work great and mine last about 8 hours on a fill. Heat up a sleeping bag nicely and great for keeping the hands and feet (if needed) warm. a large bottle of lighter fluid lasts awhile depending on how much you use it. light weight and don't take up much room.

Reactions: Preacher

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I work with a guy who uses it, he seems to swear by them. He put them in a specific spot by a major artery or vein or something to help facilitate the spread of heat. I've thought about buying one of those, ore one of those Milwaukee battery power jackets.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Huh never thought about them. I have had a couple of near bouts with frostbite on fingers (riding winter - and taking way too warm gloves - ones I should not wear till <20F - lobster claw - and take on and off sweating hands and heading back out to ride more with moist gloves on - that sucked - hurt) so I get hurt bad quickly out there in the winter riding - need heat immediately. Will have to look into these. :)

Justin Case

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Used them all the time as a kid have not seen any in stores for years except the fuel rod burning ones. The lighter fluid ones are exceptionally practical, reliable and efficient. Get a half dozen if you can because when it gets cold they are a lifesaver and trade barter better than gold.

kecleon

Reaction score
I had one it lasted 2 months using it daily the replacement part is almost the cost of the thing. And even though it uses little lighter fuel gets pricey and they keep it behind counters here so all impossible to steal. I got some gloves. But I really liked it while it worked, they're neat

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads