Your stories for my zine

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I’m compiling the stories and photographs of modern vagabonds for my zine “Road to Anywhere” which I hope to have published and available for purchase by Christmas.

I’m looking for creative/interesting stories about traveling by hitchhiking, rideshare, freighthopping, whatever. Your story can take the form of a poem, an article, a journal entry, whatever as long as it’s interesting! Original photographs are also great, but aren’t a necessity.

The zine will feature about the stories of about eight to ten travelers, two of which are already lined up. I am only covering the cost of printing in the price, so the only thing you get from sending me your story is a warm fuzzy feeling and some attention from strangers, along with a free copy of the finished product if I include your story.

I’m looking for stories 1-2 pages long, and I’ll edit them if I need to but I won’t publish an edited story unless I ask your permission first.

Message me if you're interested!
your oogle buddy,
West

Reactions: Pepin

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Those are some pretty short stories. Is your Zine going to be one 8x11 page folded and would a folded page be considered 2 pages?

Reactions: West

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
Hey! I can get some stories to you soon. When do you need them by?
Hey, I would like to get 'em about a week before Christmas, I want to have a set of 20 printed and ready to go by Christmas day. If you PM me I'll get you to my email, easier to reach me that way. Thanks!

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
Those are some pretty short stories. Is your Zine going to be one 8x11 page folded and would a folded page be considered 2 pages?

Yeah after I posted that I realized my mistake. I'm printing on half-fold 8x11 paper, so each page has about 400 words. Hell, anyone can send me something maybe 1-8 pages long, and I'll work with it. It'll make for a nice thick zine.

Are you interested in doing a story Wizehop?

P.S. your mankind vs. lines video was cool, just watched it the other day.

R

Roosterruler

I don't have anything fresh, but if you're ever keen on anything I've got in the archives, you're welcome to it. I don't think I'll be generating any stories until I can get my Christmas newsletter out.

suzie fox

Reaction score
iiiiiiiii am interested!!! i have a few in mind right off the top of my head -you lookin for anything specific??

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
[quote="suzie fox, post: 135056, member: 4148"-you lookin for anything specific??[/quote] I'm looking for your stories, rants, articles, journal entries, poems - as long as it's clearly talking about your travels and it was actually written by you. :)

suzie fox

Reaction score
oh god, to narrow it down.....yep, okay, i'll get you somethin ;)

• Haha

suzie fox

Reaction score
sounds perfect man, eclectic is my name and no expectations is my game.

gonna get writttttin; i've been doing some thinkin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads