Your Personal Travelling Soundtrack?

kneedleknees

Reaction score
Website
jollyrogerrunupthemast.tumblr.com
I listen to songs I can sing while traveling, it helps keep my spirits up and I can entertain others at the same time. As such, most of my playlist is Celtic and Japanese Folk, Cabaret, War-Chant, and Pagan Rock. I've got some Metal, Jazz, and Punk mixed in too.

- Voltaire
- Mercedes Lackey
- Heather Dale
- Heather Alexander/Alexander James (FtM, transitioned in '09)
- Blind Guardian
-Elvenking
-Eluveitie
-Omnia
-Faun
- MaestroRage
- Shadow6Nothing9
- Hosozukuri
- Rin'
- Freedom Call
- Rob Lane
-Murray Gold
-Sabaton
- Dubliners
- Dropkick Murphy's
- The Best of Celtic Music (a bunch of blokes on one album)
- Manau
- Martial
- Kamelot
- Flogging Molly
- Red Union
- Lotus Juice
FAUN AND ELUVEITIE!!! AWESOME!!! dig some Dubliners and Omnia too. Blind Guardian is neat what Ive heard

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
honestly the Tom Waits album Mule Variations is a great roadgoing record. I pick that. I've made a mix of ambient and shoegazy stuff for road trips, got Sufjan Stevens, New Order, Yo La Tengo, Slowdive, and some other stuff like Japandroids to keep you awake
Have you been able to catch Slowdive on tour!? If you can, get yourself a ticket to a show. I cried...it was soooo beautiful. I agree with ya on Mule Variations. I always used to start the day with Pony when I was feeling down.

kneedleknees

Reaction score
Website
jollyrogerrunupthemast.tumblr.com
Have you been able to catch Slowdive on tour!? If you can, get yourself a ticket to a show. I cried...it was soooo beautiful. I agree with ya on Mule Variations. I always used to start the day with Pony when I was feeling down.
two of my friends did in DC but I wasnt able to go :( I wanted to.
and yeah it's a fucking AWESOME trip album!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads