Writing programs/apps? | Squat the Planet

Writing programs/apps?

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on writing up stories and such far as writing programs go?

Figured I'd start writing about the 3 or whatever yrs I spent hopping and hitching thru 32 states.And im sure others would read it.

Have a laptop and tablet as well.

CrustyFuckinP

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Google Docs / Google Drive is your best friend. Saves everything to a cloud automatically - so you don't have to worry about finding a spot to charge your phone if you've got a thought you're trying to type out.
Docs also points out spelling and grammatical errors, so you don't need to worry about typing it perfectly the first time.
After that, if you're trying to use it towards a blog or website, I hear Wordpress is the way to go. I' haven't used it way too much, but I'm trying to start again.
I've been writing a handful of zines and I write poetry in my sleep, so these things (especially the auto-save function on Google Docs) has saved my arse loads of times.

Hopes this helps, and hope to trade stories with you one day <3

Reaction score
I use Evernote.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
After that, if you're trying to use it towards a blog or website, I hear Wordpress is the way to go. I' haven't used it way too much, but I'm trying to start again.

Yep, I would suggest wordpress as well. You can make an account at wordpress.com for free (but then you'll have ads on your blog) or you can host it yourself (wordpress is open source), then with no ads (or your own, if you like).

Reactions: CrustyFuckinP

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sweet,ill have to check these all out and see what works best.I know on the old stp days all those stories are long gone and I wrote a few pages easily lol.

yeah like others have said, i would recommend google docs, but if you're looking to write a LOT or perhaps write a book, I wrote my book using scrivener. It's a standard word processing app, but it lets you re-arrange chapters and sections in folders and cards, so it makes creating the actual structure of your book very easy and was a huge help visualizing the structure of my book. it also made creating the ebook version of my book very simple.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads