Writing programs/apps? (1 Viewer)

Bl3wbyyou

Current Location
Perry,Florida
Anyone have any suggestions on writing up stories and such far as writing programs go?

Figured I'd start writing about the 3 or whatever yrs I spent hopping and hitching thru 32 states.And im sure others would read it.

Have a laptop and tablet as well.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
get it into chapters & share here

unless you're trying to monetize - in which case, develop a striking pitch and start shopping agents

don't know where to refer you however

also this model's a bit outdated

yeah - didn't really answer your question

Last edited:

CrustyFuckinP

Current Location
Everywhur
Website
www.facebook.com
Google Docs / Google Drive is your best friend. Saves everything to a cloud automatically - so you don't have to worry about finding a spot to charge your phone if you've got a thought you're trying to type out.
Docs also points out spelling and grammatical errors, so you don't need to worry about typing it perfectly the first time.
After that, if you're trying to use it towards a blog or website, I hear Wordpress is the way to go. I' haven't used it way too much, but I'm trying to start again.
I've been writing a handful of zines and I write poetry in my sleep, so these things (especially the auto-save function on Google Docs) has saved my arse loads of times.

Hopes this helps, and hope to trade stories with you one day <3

Anagor

Wayfarer
Current Location
Bonn, Germany
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
After that, if you're trying to use it towards a blog or website, I hear Wordpress is the way to go. I' haven't used it way too much, but I'm trying to start again.
Yep, I would suggest wordpress as well. You can make an account at wordpress.com for free (but then you'll have ads on your blog) or you can host it yourself (wordpress is open source), then with no ads (or your own, if you like).

OP
Bl3wbyyou

Bl3wbyyou

Current Location
Perry,Florida
Sweet,ill have to check these all out and see what works best.I know on the old stp days all those stories are long gone and I wrote a few pages easily lol.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Sweet,ill have to check these all out and see what works best.I know on the old stp days all those stories are long gone and I wrote a few pages easily lol.
yeah like others have said, i would recommend google docs, but if you're looking to write a LOT or perhaps write a book, I wrote my book using scrivener. It's a standard word processing app, but it lets you re-arrange chapters and sections in folders and cards, so it makes creating the actual structure of your book very easy and was a huge help visualizing the structure of my book. it also made creating the ebook version of my book very simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.
Nice try, Sheriff, but your gonna have to get up earlier in the morning if you want to catch this idiot(with two arms). Got myself perma banned from the home bum shelter. Called them out for giving donations intended for folks in need to their employees.
Hospital visits always help fix one problem and start more. Fuck yo.
Rhubarb Dwyer wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
Bazinga!!!

Members online