Would you immigrate to a different country?

bicycle

Reaction score
It doesnt matter from what country I am a ciitizen.
I have immigrated twice however.
Currently living in Germany and I can imagine myself immigrating again.
Depends on situation, this would happen rather spontaniously then planned.
However I am planning to stay here for another some years and work on something.
When I am done with that I will prob. going to move somewhere to northern europe and try living in the woods and shit.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
As for me I'll take somewhere tropical or sub-tropical, or at least a Mediterranean climate. I hate being cold but can take the heat.
I loved the weather when I was in Honduras.
And Portuguese speaking is a plus on my list since I'm learning the language. Brazil would be a dream come true!
A few places come to mind for me though,
Costa Rica, Chile, Thailand, etc.

roughdraft

Reaction score
just information + a thread revival

my one friend is currently employed in Peru and tells me if you are "there" (not sure what constitutes this legal definition but if I find out more I'll return) for a mere 2 years you can become a citizen

I hear that in Chile it is a hard 5 years

As for this marriage talk I was propositioned by my friend's sister during a time in Chile and - although we have a fair amount in common, she is older and has been through a divorce so she's probably more hip to dodging bullshit than your average, I just don't see myself as desperate enough to go that route. Not to mention many other details

Sure becoming a resident of...a variety of places apart from the US or UK - could be a great life change...I guess I have to give credit to those who wouldn't see marriage as a grey cloud over their head at best, fuck even if my partner was a billionaire and i somehow became a citizen of all nations....see what I'm saying?

Ringo

Reaction score
Hey, Spain has open borders. If you wanna leave, check them out. They'll take you as a Spanish citizen if you're human. Oh, and you have to speak Spanish.
And you can find some incredibly cheap property in rural towns.. Even someone in this community could save enough to buy an old stone home.

I’ve always thought about Sourhern Europe regardless. Those people know how to live, food, wine, and friends. A high quality of living is afforadble and normal as an average person.

roughdraft

Reaction score
so down here in one of my favorite places where i also have a fair amount of connections, basically no reason to not move here you would think if i got into all the details, and stumbled across a waterfront property in a high traffic area with...ya i could go on but basically you can also have a heady garden.... for a mere 6 000 USD (yes it is tiny)

i could buy it. but i won't because i am not ready to "settle down".maybe it would be smart to buy it and sell it in a few years and turn a profit and travel more comfortably for longer but as of the moment i am unwilling to consider settling for any amount of time past a month really.

so this is the trouble i believe with "legal immigration" is it means im either paying rent or throwing down for a property and all it entails especially tax. visiting and trying to scrape by is not exactly immigration but it functions well (?) tell me if this does not make sense

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads