wool or microfleece blanket?

Dishka8643

Reaction score
a wool blanket will let you wrap up and sit close to a fire without bursting into flames. It also retains 80% of it's insulating ability when wet. This is important, because WHEN you get wet, you can wrap the wool blanket around you and sit next to a big fire to warm up and dry off. They also block wind much better than a fleece and will last longer.

Dishka8643

Reaction score
The US army wool blankets are not the best quality. Some are only 30/70 blends of wool and synthetics, so check the tags. Italian, Belgian, or Swiss wool blankets are much larger, thicker and better quality.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
The US army wool blankets are not the best quality. Some are only 30/70 blends of wool and synthetics, so check the tags. Italian, Belgian, or Swiss wool blankets are much larger, thicker and better quality.
Yeah, you gotta check the tags. I have 2 US military wool blankets. One is from WWII and one is from Vietnam era, both are 100%
wool, although the older one is the lighter of the two. I have not used any of the foreign ones, but am sure they are good quality.
Many of the wool blankets that I've used over the years were old non military ones which I picked up cheap at yard sales.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is too cool to use good gear.
I use what I like.... Ad for the record.... Fuck the ALICE pack.. I'm hungry and its showing I think.. Blah.
i fucking have nice ass shit. before i committed to a life away from today's normal life, i was a avid backpacker and accumulated a decent amount of nice gear. so fucking what if i have nice ass gear, it should not be whether it isnt crusty enough to be used, it's whether or not its fucking useful.

Reaction score
Go wool. They are a bit heavy, but are much better. Only downside is They can get pretty dirty and they stay wet for a while, but will always stay warm. At the moment I have two wool blankets and I use a fleece blanket as a liner.

Robb the Pikey

Reaction score
i use woll in the summertime .

even its get´s wet it will keep you warm.

companias name is ,,Wollpower,,

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_120912.jpg
    IMG_20200622_120912.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: backatitagain007

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads