Video - Why I, as a black man, attend KKK rallies. | Squat the Planet

Video Why I, as a black man, attend KKK rallies.

MFB

Reaction score
Brilliant! Inspiring watch. Very sharp and very brave man.
Better to build then to burn. (unless your Kubrick adapting Clockwork Orange into a movie.)
"I thought they didnt like the scouts." Ha!

Since this is a travel forum, ode to a forerunner in speaking out on respect and acceptance of all races; Mark Twain on how travel effects racism-----
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness. Many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad ,wholesome ,charitble views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" :)

Barf

Staff member
Reaction score
Call it confirmation bias but I always thought Maryland was kind of a shit hole Goofing aside, it takes an exceptional person to forge that kind of understanding out of total irrationality

Now, I know you must've watched one John Water's movie.

Maryland is a special part of our country.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 24782

I'm a closet fan
- John Waters AND Maryland...

However (before I'm blasted for dragging this further off topic) I was impressed by this guy's tenacity pursuing something with no guarantee of reward - evidenced also by the fact he's a professional musician

It's not off topic John Waters did alot for civil rights, HAIRSPRAY!??

You should read Carsick, book he just wrote about hitchhiking from Baltimore to San Francisco, I will give you my copy if you want it.

• Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Bushpig

Reaction score
You'd be surprised by how easy it can be to talk to racists. I'm bi-racial (black and white) and I conversed with a Klansman before. We joked around and played videogames. He gave me a cd with a copy of The Tuener Diaries.

We were never friends, but I didn't have a problem with him until he put a gun to my head.

• Sad
Reactions: sewerowl

sewerowl

Reaction score
It's cool if someone wants to try to talk racists out of their racism but personally I think my effort would be better spent elsewhere. In most cases, the best-case scenario would be to just become "one of the good ones" and not be immediately dismissed.

Reactions: Bushpig

Bushpig

Reaction score
In most cases, the best-case scenario would be to just become "one of the good ones" and not be immediately dismissed.
I've basically been "one of the good ones" my whole life. My buddy's racist dad, for example, seems to love that I can laugh at and participate in telling "nigger jokes". Racism is just so fucking stupid, that I have to laugh about it. Otherwise, it'd destroy me.

• Agree
Reactions: MFB

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads