Why "homeless" are feared by "normal" people | Squat the Planet

Why "homeless" are feared by "normal" people

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
For the last 100,000 years of humans existence the majority of the human population lived a nomadic hunter gatherer life. Up until 1492 half the worlds hemisphere lived such a existence and were quite happy with it.Most people steered clear of the city's because they knew that diseases and death from the tyrants who ran those places were the norm there. What few city's that were in the west performed human sacrifices on a regular basis. What scares urban and suburban folk about homeless people is that we answer to no authority but God and sometimes not even him (her?).

Reactions: Backswash

dprogram

Reaction score
Yeah. Isn't that why we travel or live on the streets? The problem that I've found is that people just can't wrap their tiny little minds around why I no longer want what they have. Material bullshit that encumbers and clutters my life. I've had all that shit and it really didn't enhance my life very much. So you gain small conveniences while losing yourself...not a very good trade off if you ask me.

J

Johnny P

People say I'm insane...but they are the ones working a job to get a paycheck to pay rent on a house or apartment to have a place to sleep so they can get up and go work their job...to me that is insanity

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i was on a public bus this morning and the driver was stopping short constantly which kept waking me up. At first i was annoyed then i thought 'i should be appreciative im ON this bus' then i thought maybe i shouldnt be so appreciative to be on A bus, as in everyone going so fast from point A to point B to end up at point A again. I want to be comfortable but dont want to conform to life as it is here. I mean, im in new york. I feel horrible when i go into a shelter or try to conform and it just doesnt work because i cant live like that. Im fine and disease and mainly stress free but as soon as i "surface" i definetely not. If i was to live in society today id be dead or in jail. Im not a junkie or mentally fucked just want to be free and i am,,,for now.

"im truly sorry mans dominion
has broken natures social union
an' justifies that ill opinion
which makes thee startle
at me, thy poor, earth-borne companion
an'fellow mortal"

Keno Star

Reaction score
yea, yes, and yes It is all of that shiznit. People fear what they don't understand that what they can't conquer. I love living off the grid but at times i am slave to corporations & america

Reactions: Mankini
J

Johnny P

yes fuck money, but unfortunately a whole bunch of people still pretend that it is valuable; and it is still useful to trade for things you need. Booze, drugs, gear, food, coffee...the list goes on

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its hard work...Jesiuts take 12 years to become a priest...Benditines Monks do a lot of long studying...I think that anyone who has hoboed for 10 years or more as lay person has enough real world experance to help and consol other people...The problem was that men went straight from catholic high (all boys) to seminary and then became preists and never had enough real world experannce to help people....Now the church prefers men in there 40s who have a under gradutate degree for diocece preists....However the orders like friers and the monks will help you out with this.....I want to do missionary work down in Belize or Eastern Europe or work in a Kibutz...We should work on section here for those that want to travel and help people like in missions

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads