Why does everyone like Columbus,OH?

P

Pheonix

I know alot of people on this site like and routinely visit Columbus,OH. I know Campus used to be an awesome hangout in the 90's but Campus Partners pretty much destroyed the fun of Campus. (unless your a frat boy) The cops in this town are total dicks to homeless and travelers. I'm just wondering why everyone still thinks this is a great town?

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't be here if my family wasn't all here. I haven't met many people who had anything to say about it, or Ohio in general. Columbus is just a good passing through point, going any direction. It's aiight.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
it's pretty ghetto ........but it's a fun place

scatwomb

Reaction score
It's probably more of a product of its location between the east and the rest of the county, rather than anything particularly remarkable about the place itself. Ha, it's like the beginning of the path to the beauty of the plains and the west. Or, it's an entrance into the shit-filled east.

Others will disagree :)

I have, however, enjoyed the time I've spent there. Ohioans are interesting folk - the linguistic diversity in that state is crazy. It's where south meets midwest meets east. And Columbus is that convergence point! I love that shit.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
People thought columbus was cool at some point? :eek:

Nikki

Reaction score
theres alot of fucking hippies in columbus... lots of jam bands. a couple punk houses. their mostly fags that live with their mommies but dress dirty and like to call traveling kids oogles because they want to make themselves feel better. quit lying to yourselves! also, who the fuck has their girlfriend pepper spray someone because their too much of a pussy to stand up for themself when they start losing in a fight? i hate this fucking place. have fun in columbus unless you enjoy spanging uptight hipster ass college kids. the only thing i enjoyed here was the well.... if you've been to columbus you should know if you like to get spun out and smoke decent greens.

Nikki

Reaction score
I don't think there's any good weed in Cum-blow-us,OH... But there sure is alot of spun salt heads.

its not everywhere thats for sure, but I managed to slip my way in and get ahold of some pretty dank shit. its definatly not as good as it is out here in colorado though ;)

nameless

Reaction score
theres alot of fucking hippies in columbus... lots of jam bands. a couple punk houses. their mostly fags that live with their mommies but dress dirty and like to call traveling kids oogles because they want to make themselves feel better. quit lying to yourselves! also, who the fuck has their girlfriend pepper spray someone because their too much of a pussy to stand up for themself when they start losing in a fight? i hate this fucking place. have fun in columbus unless you enjoy spanging uptight hipster ass college kids. the only thing i enjoyed here was the well.... if you've been to columbus you should know if you like to get spun out and smoke decent greens.

funny shit, couldnt have hit it more on the head..spanging on high street? where all the bars are and the hipster college kids, we made bank off them busking with a travelin, broke and thirsty sign..then got housed up twice by housie punks who like to drink sidewalk slams to themselves..didnt have a bad time there..got housed up by a few traveling kids we met who knew some mom lady with a back yard she let us all crash in and party at her house, i hada great time there actually, blacked out more times than i can count, til we had to leave, it was easier to hitch to cleveland and hop out there than to walk all the way back to the hop out spot, cop harrassed us saying we cant fly signs when we were hitching the onramp, so we sat at the gas station and got offered a ride all the way to cleveland almost immediately, along with over 100 bucks and a nice meal at an Amish restaurant along the way...maybe i just have good luck traveling

Nikki

Reaction score
I'm from Ohio.cbus is what it is.decent...Ohio cops are terrible....it is home of the ever famous Dumpster strain tho...yummy

i did get my hands on some dumpster a couple of times yummy indeed. i had fun in columbus when i first got there. i guess i just hated it because it was winter and just full of hippies. getting spun out and being cold might have something to do with it too. i was miserable :( hitching through ohio was easy as shit! lots of christians picked us up... wish some amish would pick us up in their buggies but their too shy. =P its interesting seeing them trip out on us kids with backpacks while were trippin out on them! their curious..... were curious.... now im just ranting!

P

Pheonix

If you like the hippies here, more power to you. But I think they are all stuck up and act like they are better then me (and all punks for that matter) The weed here is not that good and super expensive (but maybe because I just came from Cali) Panhandling on High is hit or miss but they do have alot of shows (I just never go to any of them) I have started my fair share of riots simply by saying "Go Blue" during game day, but the Buckeyes don't riot like they used too. But it is a party town with cheap alcohol, so it has that going for it. (even the hometown of 4loko) Being a test town for various products is good too, I came back and found tall cans of Honey Brown for $1.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Honey brown is .99 everywhere in ohio. Shit is great for the price.

Also isn't that all hippies or have I been here for too long?

Reactions: Nikki

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads