Why do you travel/want to travel?

Tanto

Reaction score
A number of reasons, but mostly just because the longer I stay in one place, the more it feels like I'll be there forever, which freaks me out. I can't stomach the idea of getting tied down or dead before having a chance to see Norway.

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I don't travel really, I don't consider myself a traveler so much as transient. I don't have the time or money to travel. when I see the 'crust punk' on the street I don't feel compelled to talk with them because I'm not interested in their 'scene', but in the skills they've learned to make a life outside.

I do the things I do more for money reasons than anything. I find the kind of life most 'normal' people lead to be intolerable, damning, and soulsucking. Let me simplify that, Ive found most people to be soulsuckers.. F you and your party life, I just want to eat good food and stay sane, you know?

I'm in love with trains, but it isn't my lifestyle, it doesn't make me a traveler. It's just something I want to do for the sport of it, and because maybe I'm a motion addict. And it's free, and I want it to stay free, and I want me to stay free.

Reactions: Tanto and MFB

MFB

Reaction score
Because I am an artist at living, and my work of art is my life. :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick
Z

zea mays

Im convinced that somewhere out there theres a less traumatic way to love, fuck, live, etc. It doesnt seem to be anywhere Ive been though, I guess there's a fine line between travelling and running away.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
It's the closest to true freedom I'll ever get in this world. Materials make people cautious because they don't want to leave them behind. After giving all of that up I can now pack everything in a bag and head out wherever, whenever. In the past year that I've been on the road it's never been about the destination, but the journey and people I've met in between.

Reactions: Odin

codycodnyk

Reaction score
I dont travel but im about to ready to hit the road as soon as i can get some gear and find some chill people to show me the ropes. But i want to travel because staying home and not ever doing anything different or seeing anything different makes me crazy, literally. I feel like a dog in a cage. I want to travel the world freely, go where i want and not have to worry about bills and rent payments or all these things that society says makes us happy.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Because I get sick of routine. If I do something for too long, I hate it. If I know someone for too long, I hate them. And I'm so fucking sick of my life right now, I need to get the fuck out. I'm the kind of guy who wants to see everything, do everything and taste everything. And that's not gonna be done by sitting on my ass.

Reactions: Rob Nothing

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads