Where must we go... we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves? | Squat the Planet

Where must we go... we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?

D

deleted25394

I am a wanderer, and will be a wanderer, long after the demise of this form.

I was hitting up couches and sleeping in the park at age 16. At 18 I hit the road and never really stopped until I was 30. I have been all over the U.S except areas in the northeast (too many people for me). Hitching and hiking, dumpsters and diving.

(Typing on a phone sucks!)

The last 9 years have been just as big of a trip and mostly in apartments. Spent all of last summer living out of a scion xa (2 people) also known as car-v-ing. Since I bought that car in 2015 I have driven over 65k miles and surprisingly in only a few states.

Life is meant to be an adventure right?

I'm sober now, and older. Maybe boring but full of thought.

I don't know why I'm here yet.

Hello...

D

deleted25394

I always traveled with a road atlas and every time my anxious side would see all those roadways in Pennsylvania on up I would nearly need to buy a new one and another lunch.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the Community!!!

Car-v-ing? Aaah yes! I live in a car once because most of the time I was serving legal papers and working security part-time watching construction sites, most of the time I slept in the back seat! lol

Welcome Aboard!

D

deleted25394

We made a little bed in the back with a camp cot mat and a ton of blankets. Was quite comfortable. Packed and unpacked it twice daily for months (this part wasn't so pleasant lol).

D

deleted25394

My skoolie had a queen size bed, as did my van until I yanked it out to put in my friends apartment for her. Much more comfortable than the camp cot mattress although filling up a scion xa is a helluva lot easier than a van or school bus.

The give and take.

Kind of like being able to shower every day and not having to lug my gear vs. the complete and utter feeling of freedom from frustration of society.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads