Where do you leave your backpack when going into a store? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Where do you leave your backpack when going into a store?

roguetrader

Reaction score
Back Pack Pro Tip - buy a battery powered timer and scavenge a few lengths of wire - leave that timer ticking away loudly in the top part of your pack with a few bits of cable visibly routed hear and there - no one will go near your shit now, might even be a big area devoid of human life around it ....

Reactions: trufeats

scutellaria

Reaction score
Back Pack Pro Tip - buy a battery powered timer and scavenge a few lengths of wire - leave that timer ticking away loudly in the top part of your pack with a few bits of cable visibly routed hear and there - no one will go near your shit now, might even be a big area devoid of human life around it ....
youd never see your shit again let alone the light of day if you did this in the states

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It takes a while to get used to, but just walk in/around with your pack on. I've only been in like 3 situations where they told me to leave my pack outside...its so freakin' big they know I ain't setting it down to jack a bottle or something.

Reactions: Odin

The Drifter

Reaction score
When I was in Spain I would lock my bag in a locker at the Supermarket, it 50 cents to open the locker, you get it back when you've finished, I used to leave it there until closing time. Other times I've taken individual unimportant items out of my pack and hidden it in bushes. My motto is never hide anything you can't afford to lose. Now I would just hire a locker in a 24hr storage unit and leave my stuff there.

D

Deleted member 23824

When I was in Spain I would lock my bag in a locker at the Supermarket, it 50 cents to open the locker, you get it back when you've finished, I used to leave it there until closing time. Other times I've taken individual unimportant items out of my pack and hidden it in bushes. My motto is never hide anything you can't afford to lose. Now I would just hire a locker in a 24hr storage unit and leave my stuff there.
We don’t really have those here.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As an Intergalactic Emperor un command't of zeee 69th homebum spaceforce fleet.

I do as I please... and keep my pack on my shoulders where the weight of the Universe keeps my back straight and my buttocks' clenched tight.

I cross those spy detectors in to the megamarts like I own the place.

Which I covertly do through the 7th order of pastacrypto fanservice observers union...

Other than that stashing your bag under a nice pine tree that reaches the ground cover is also nice.

Lin

Reaction score
I slide mine onto the bottom rack of my cart and shop like regular. People are usually too busy with their own shopping to look down. Having AC and weight off my back is nice sometimes.

If someone really tried to go for it, they'd have a bad time since it's pretty awkward to fully yank out.

seabeer

Reaction score
Website
theskilledsurvivor.com
I just wear mine in stores. I don't really... go into restaurants. Hide it? Never. Anywhere I could hide it someone else could stumble upon it. And then it might be gone. I usually don't put it IN a cart while shopping, because it might appear as though I'm dropping things into it. I keep it on my back, with everything clipped closed, where it'd be next to impossible for anyone reasonable to say that I've been cramming their products in it.

Yes, store employees sometimes treat you bad. Haven't been yelled at. There have been a few times where people asked me to leave it up front: and there's varying degrees of the employee keeping an eye on it in that case.

There's been the nice "stick it in this cart and it'll be right here with customer service" and there's been "your bag can stay by the front door. Riiiight by it". And of course everything in between those two extremes. In the former I don't worry about it, in the latter I sometimes find another store, or just do my shopping as quick as possible (ie just grab water and some peanuts and then find another store).

There was one hilarious time where it seemed like three employees were 'working' around me the whole time I was inside, but they were adjusting things on aisles kind of lazily and it seemed to be their whole job to aggressively ask if I needed help finding anything every time I turned a corner. And I'm like, "No... just trying to pick which tarp I want and get a few things" :/

I understand that they have to be careful because some other asshole with a backpack has likely ruined things in the past. It does suck tho.

• Agree
Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads