When your built up and Let down | Squat the Planet

When your built up and Let down

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone here has at least once before been really uplifted about something only to find it never to come. It's a pretty bad feeling coupled with it being public just makes the mind reel. I'm not all soppy or stuck or hung up on it or something
But you just gotta think how lame that feels
Like if your gunna be talkin a good game and makin plans, follow through with them don't just backburner it and not say anything. It's pretty lame.
The main thing is like you go out of your way for someone and buy them a ticket and what not and then just get blown off.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah I've had the rug pulled from under me several times - some were petty but were being counted on (by me), others were major - and well hurt. :(

Reaction score
Yeah it's an easy world to get hurt in and whn you put all your hope and good thoughts into one thing happening and then it going horribly wrong, kinda just runs yah down a bit,

Matt Dawg

Alone in the world with a little Matt Dawg!
Reaction score
Expect the best, prepare for the worst

Reactions: Anagor
J

Johnny P

No expectations but high hopes is the way to go...

But ya...story of my life..especially when it comes to relating to the opposite sex

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I'm sure everyone here has at least once before been really uplifted about something only to find it never to come.
Could be a minimal abstract of my life. ;)
No, seriously, it happens, yes. But you/everyone have/has to deal with it. More or less.

Be thankful if something turns out to be working, if people are loyal, reliable and trustworthy. But don't expect it.

Reactions: Jaguwar

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i don't see how this qualifies as a 'story'. moved to general banter.

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
The only person you can count on is yourself.

On occasion loyalties and plans can align and it can be great while it lasts but always have an exit strategy and backup plan for when shit goes bad, cos 9 times outta 10 it will.

Reactions: Anagor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads