When your built up and Let down (1 Viewer)

I'm sure everyone here has at least once before been really uplifted about something only to find it never to come. It's a pretty bad feeling coupled with it being public just makes the mind reel. I'm not all soppy or stuck or hung up on it or something
But you just gotta think how lame that feels
Like if your gunna be talkin a good game and makin plans, follow through with them don't just backburner it and not say anything. It's pretty lame.
The main thing is like you go out of your way for someone and buy them a ticket and what not and then just get blown off.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Yeah I've had the rug pulled from under me several times - some were petty but were being counted on (by me), others were major - and well hurt. :(

OP

Yeah it's an easy world to get hurt in and whn you put all your hope and good thoughts into one thing happening and then it going horribly wrong, kinda just runs yah down a bit,

J

Johnny P

I deleted myself
No expectations but high hopes is the way to go...

But ya...story of my life..especially when it comes to relating to the opposite sex

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Having my buddy bale on me the day of my first ever big adventure was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Yeah I'm sorry, you guys all seem lovely, but in general it's safer to work it on your own. If someone offers help say thank you, but expect them not to come through. That way you're not caught unprepared.

Anagor

Hobo
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I'm sure everyone here has at least once before been really uplifted about something only to find it never to come.
Could be a minimal abstract of my life. ;)
No, seriously, it happens, yes. But you/everyone have/has to deal with it. More or less.

Be thankful if something turns out to be working, if people are loyal, reliable and trustworthy. But don't expect it.

OP

Eh poeple are fake and thats all there is too it
and tweeker junkies so

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
The only person you can count on is yourself.

On occasion loyalties and plans can align and it can be great while it lasts but always have an exit strategy and backup plan for when shit goes bad, cos 9 times outta 10 it will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
CowboyDan9494