What's up my homieees!!!

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
I was thinking of taking the 10 but I feel like it's gonna be pretty blown up around like Quartzite and Phoenix right now anyway cause of the gathering, the gem show, and just plain snowbirds who hang out in the desert when it's cold up north. So I feel like the 40 will be less populated with travelers and maybe easier to get a ride idk. I've never straight up travelled through the desert before haha any tips??

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you can, get a stainless steel water bottle like they sell at REI. Fill it at every chance you get, I have not yet gone into any gas station and asked to fill it, and they said no. So you can fill it for free pretty much anywhere and if you invest the bucks to pick up a good quality one (mine are 'Kleen Kanteen' brand), they're indestructible.

Reactions: tiltedkitten

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
If you can, get a stainless steel water bottle like they sell at REI. Fill it at every chance you get, I have not yet gone into any gas station and asked to fill it, and they said no. So you can fill it for free pretty much anywhere and if you invest the bucks to pick up a good quality one (mine are 'Kleen Kanteen' brand), they're indestructible.

Actually I have a 32oz plastic one, that's bpa free, which is a plus, cause last time i had a metal one it made the water taste weird, don't know that it was stainless or whatnots though. I'm not really too worried about the durability of it, it's served me quite well so far, it's real thick plastic. I've actually been told no before at gas stations for water but I just go in their bathroom and use their faucet anyway, don't really give a fuck if it's tap water if I'm thirsty I'll drink any water that's reasonably clean! Hah.

• Haha
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi. My name's Charlie, but I'm not a fluffy kitty. Have you seen the video about how to make a campstove out of a beer can? It blew my mind, so you might want to watch it. Don't forget to bring eating utensils, a bliss and toilet paper if you're going to a gathering. Oh and you'll want cat food for Charlie (not me), the fluffy kitty. There's an awesome food shelter in Flagstaff if you go through there. I don't really like I-10 myself, but you may have different luck and maybe you want to see other sites. I-40 is chill (literally and metaphorically) and takes you to Flagstaff, but I imagine you know that. I had fun in Quartzsite with some cool folks, we got a free pancake breakfast at an RV dealership and then entered my puppy, named Ukiah, in a pet pageant, but she didn't win, it was probably rigged.

Have fun at the gathering, that sounds tempting to go to, though I'm considering other priorities first.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads