What's up my homieees!!!

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Mars. I've known about STP for ages and just finally made an account. Waited like a year for some reason. :eek: idk.
Let's see, let's see, a little about me? Well, I'm a youngin', 20 years only. I am an artist. I do tattoos (though not really on the road, I'm really picky about sanitation when tattooing. keep my stuff at my boyfriend's mom's while I'm off adventuring). I have a fluffy kitty named Charlie who goes with me everywhere, he's great.
Everyone tells me I'm a tree faerie. I am inclined to believe them sometimes ;)
I dunno man, I guess if you really wanna be my friend you'll just say hi, cause I feel like if I could sum up who I am in a paragraph or two, I wouldn't really be worth getting to know, ya dig??
I'm really just here to make friends, hopefully find rides/couches stuff like that, learn some stuff from other kids, whatever happens happens! I have no real expectations, but I'm open to anything!

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
Yo where in Arizona? Were southeast of Globe maybe 20 ish mi. Leaving for Denver in late march I think.

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
not sure where yet honestly! There's a gathering being scouted a few different places around the state so I figure I'll find out where I'm going when I get closer XD

Dope. Mucho good juju with that, if you want to straight kick it or anything like that, hit me up. We've been trying to find traveling homies in AZ for a sec now. Anyways, odelay dude!

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, if you end up in Phoenix, there's a (homeless) shelter on 12th Ave & Madison in downtown. You can get free food, and a lot of times church groups & such give all kinds of shit away. A warning, though:

DO NOT STAY IN THE "EAST LOT" OF THE OVERFLOW SECTION.

Find your own spot. Also, DO NOT get stuck there.

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
Hey, if you end up in Phoenix, there's a (homeless) shelter on 12th Ave & Madison in downtown. You can get free food, and a lot of times church groups & such give all kinds of shit away. A warning, though:

DO NOT STAY IN THE "EAST LOT" OF THE OVERFLOW SECTION.

Find your own spot. Also, DO NOT get stuck there.

why what's the east lot? :eek: I don't really kick it around shelters that much honestly but I'll check it out if I do end up in Phoenix! :D

VikingAdventurer

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The east lot is a section of the shelter's overflow building that literally anyone off the street can go and sleep for the night. Honestly, it's simply not safe. I stayed in it for two nights and decided "Fuck this" so I walked around and found an abandoned/partially burned down warehouse to squat in for the next two weeks I was in Phoenix. The east lot was/is full of sketchy people walking around at all hours of the night; either trying to sell meth or crack, or looking for unattended gear they can pick up while you're in the porta-potty. It's also full of people BUYING that meth or crack and once again, looking to steal people's shit. Between those two factions and the many severely and dangerously mentally ill people (AKA crazy motherfuckers) it's just not a place I would give a positive recommendation. The Local 5-0 posts up in their vehicles every night NEXT to the lot, but the only time they'll go into the gate is to wake everyone up at 4:30 am (standard operating procedure because it closes at 5am, not quite as bad as it sounds, cuz they're not dicks about it; and there are other places to go), or (I would assume/hope) if someone's getting stabbed.

• Useful
Reactions: tiltedkitten

VikingAdventurer

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Apologies for the multiple in-line post everyone, but my phone (oogle device?) is... Let's just say 'mentally challenged', Lol. Anyway, the east lot is my only complaint about Phoenix. The panhandling is really good in Tempe or Mesa, which is really easy to get to via light rail, which is easy to hop (just watch out for the fare enforcement patrols) or you can buy an all-day pass at the shelter for only $2 (half-price). There's also this really chill group of 'street juggalos' they call themselves, living in Tempe. Same as with most homebums I've encountered, if you're chill with them, they'll be chill with you. If you end up there, and run into a guy called monoxide (white guy, kinda chubby, wears glasses), be sure to tell him Andrew the Marine from december says what's up; hopefully he'll remember me, he's good people. They'll help you avoid the cops and shit.

• Useful

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
SWEET DEAL MAN thank you for all that info!! So helpful :D we're pretty much strictly hitchin' cause I have my kitty and he's the boss. XD right now we are coming down the 99, in Cali, and we're thinking of taking the 40 to flagstaff and then wherever from there but there's that big stretch of desert that freaks me out a little bit, hopefully we don't get stranded >.< idk man if we're coming from central CA what would you recommend the best route? I've never really been to AZ and I've only hung out in socal here and there, don't know the area real well whatsoever.

VikingAdventurer

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, ironically enough, *I* used to live in central CA. Oakhurst, to be exact. Just North of fresno on the 41... When I first started out, I went to a friend's house in Ontario, then surfed around on craigslist for about a week and a half to two weeks, and I caught a ride all the way straight to Phoenix. So... Try craigslist? There's even a section for ridesharing on there... Look in the areas of CA where you are, and also take a peek at PHOENIX craigslist to see if anyone's offering a ride on their way home from vacation/business trips/road trips, etc.

tiltedkitten

Reaction score
Well, ironically enough, *I* used to live in central CA. Oakhurst, to be exact. Just North of fresno on the 41... When I first started out, I went to a friend's house in Ontario, then surfed around on craigslist for about a week and a half to two weeks, and I caught a ride all the way straight to Phoenix. So... Try craigslist? There's even a section for ridesharing on there... Look in the areas of CA where you are, and also take a peek at PHOENIX craigslist to see if anyone's offering a ride on their way home from vacation/business trips/road trips, etc.

I already did that doesn't seem to be much happening :/ We are probably gonna go to flagstaff first cause there's like a council for the gathering being held in Sedona right next door, but I'm not really sure I guess we're just gonna decide as we go. The only thing is to get to Flagstaff on the 40 there is ALL that desert >.< lots of places to camp I guess but I'm not trynna get stuck out there either. I'm hoping since there's so much nothingness the chances of getting a long distance ride will be greater since the only people going on that highway are going to Needles or further, we just might have to wait longer cause idk how populated that area is. blah.
I was just in Ontario a few weeks back actually and I got SO much love there. I was there for 3 days and got hooked up on the daily with more food than I could eat, more weed than I could smoke (just kidding that's impossible I definitely smoked all of it bahaha) and enough money to give some away to random home bums. Got to crash in a beautiful little spot, made friends with the cops and one security guard at the truck stop there by the 10 gave me 2 dollars haha. It was great!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads